wednesday irradiating the unsuspecting

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,595
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

looking extremely soggy out there

office, much coffee and pastries, early bail, decadent dinner with gmc colleague from eu land
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    definitely raining. Dog enjoyed the walk this morning even if I didn't.

Found out why I missed out on a new job, slightly irked but such is life.

The Dates friends keep asking me about diamond rings... do I look like a diamond merchant or something?

Hope it ain't raining your way Oxo
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Having a brief morning bask. Will do other stuff later, including a walk up some hills.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463
    Bonjour monsieur Flan: VN could probably offer you all sizes of copper gaskets but if you want it quick, you can get copper olives at the plumb centre in either 15mm or 22mm sizes. I mean, it's the thought that counts isn't it?

Me going for a wobble me. It's cool, sunny and breezy. I'll count the number of cars that pass me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Morning folks,
    It was decided last night that I would be driving in to work today to pick up a printer for the lad to take to uni, I was very glad of this when I saw the rain. Might be out on the bike later if we do our pub wobble, I suspect the others may bail as the tow path will be muddy. Having proper cycling kit does make it a lot easier, so we'll probably end up in the pub with me acting smug.
    What was the problem Flan? Did they do some research on you and find out you associate with Piña? I saw something on YouTube of someone making a shiny ring out of melted down coins, no diamond in it though.
    Tea walla is back so at least I'm being watered. Customers keep bothering me though. Been belittling the trolls on the macho culture thread as a minor diversion.
  • Flâneur
    Tea run on form today, the team are obviously after something. However V68 would be proud.

The short story is they appear to have hired someone who never asks questions (internal job) or looks to change anything.

Copper ring it it is then, hopefully it doesn't even count but obviously I did think about the idea... before dismissing such silly concept
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    Working from home while car gets an MOT retest, need to get shot of it before much else starts going wrong. Busy with work anyway despite hiding away from the office so better crack on...I'm regretting letting 3 minions go on holiday the same week now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Jesus - don’t like working
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    TLW1 wrote:
    Join the club. Not the biscuit with a lot of chocolate on it either.

Hopefully mountain biking later, and the sun came out briefly earlier.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    Rode a bike today for first time in a few months. Only on a turbo, but at least I pedalled for a while. Back to the physio tomorrow anyway, so figured it was worth the risk. Then the joys of a complete head to ar$e MRI scan on Friday, provided they can decide whether it's safe to do or not. Reminded them I have two screws and a plate in my neck and that may not be so good in the mag field, but no response yet. :roll:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Jesus - don't like working
    Another one who doesn't like work either. 5 months into a 9 month contract and already hoping they decide to wind it up early.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,747
    TLW1 wrote:
    I'll be delegating with a vengeance next week :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    They are sending the old man home. He will have to have 4 visits a day from carers and lots of other stuff is in place for him. But he will be home and that's where he wants to be. There's a hospital bed in the dining room for him and my Mum has borrowed a fold up bed so she is nearby. I now have visions of the grandparents in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was decided last night that I would be driving in to work today to pick up a printer for the lad to take to uni...
    I fookin' hate PC World. Reserved a printer on Saturday night to collect from the shop nearest to home, couldn't pick it up on Sunday as I was at the hospital. Went on Monday and they had no record of the order, I looked at the email they sent me and it was welcoming me to my new account with them but no hint of the order reference. I was then told they wouldn't hold it from Saturday night to Monday morning anyway as they only hold things for 2 days. Gave up talking to the woman at that point as she said they had them in stock. Went to get one myself and there were none on the shelf, found a member of staff that told me any stock would be on the shelf. Gave up and went home. Looked in the one near work yesterday, 2 in stock. Took the car in and they've put the price up!
    I'm going to John Lewis.
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It was decided last night that I would be driving in to work today to pick up a printer for the lad to take to uni...
    I fookin' hate PC World. Reserved a printer on Saturday night to collect from the shop nearest to home, couldn't pick it up on Sunday as I was at the hospital. Went on Monday and they had no record of the order, I looked at the email they sent me and it was welcoming me to my new account with them but no hint of the order reference. I was then told they wouldn't hold it from Saturday night to Monday morning anyway as they only hold things for 2 days. Gave up talking to the woman at that point as she said they had them in stock. Went to get one myself and there were none on the shelf, found a member of staff that told me any stock would be on the shelf. Gave up and went home. Looked in the one near work yesterday, 2 in stock. Took the car in and they've put the price up!
    I'm going to John Lewis.

Ebuyer.com
    Amazon.com
    Johnlewis.com
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They are sending the old man home. He will have to have 4 visits a day from carers and lots of other stuff is in place for him. But he will be home and that's where he wants to be. There's a hospital bed in the dining room for him and my Mum has borrowed a fold up bed so she is nearby. I now have visions of the grandparents in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    thats good (not seen ccf, assume that too is ok)
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:

Super news. Hospitals are not nice places, hopefully he'll be happier at home, and your mum too.
  • pinno
    What's with the proliferation of "..., and...". There's no frikkin comma before 'and' except in exceptional cases. FFS :roll:

"Use a comma before any coordinating conjunction (and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet) that links two independent clauses.
    Use a comma after a dependent clause that starts a sentence.
    Use commas to offset appositives from the rest of the sentence.!
  • hopkinb
    If I'd not bunged a comma in, it would not have sounded right in ma heed. A full stop and new sentence seemed too much for an internetz forum. I could have missed out the "and" altogether, but it was mainly about being pleased that V's mum and dad were able to go home. :roll:

Is it raining? Are there midges? Hence peevishness aboot punctuation? :wink::mrgreen:
  • sungod
    oxford-comma1.jpg
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    What's with the proliferation of "..., and...". There's no frikkin comma before 'and' except in exceptional cases. FFS :roll:

"Use a comma before any coordinating conjunction (and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet) that links two independent clauses.
    Use a comma after a dependent clause that starts a sentence.
    Use commas to offset appositives from the rest of the sentence.!

.! :shock:

The exclamation mark at the end of a sentence means that you do not need a full stop.

Exclamation marks are a poor way of emphasising what you think are important points in your written assignments; the importance of the point will emphasise itself without a sequence of !!! in the text. An exclamation mark should only be used when absolutely essential, or when taken from a direct quote.

Read more at: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/punctuation1.html

Of course, your apparent misuse of the superfluous full stop may have been whimsical. :lol:
  • pinno
    Ah see; I can get the pedants out in drove's.
    My misuse of the full stop before the exclamation mark has yet to become viral.
    Yes, I got your point Hoppy.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Ah see; I can get the pedants out in drove's.
    My misuse of the full stop before the exclamation mark has yet to become viral.

Not biting. :D
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    oxford-comma1.jpg
    Cool party, with or without the Oxford comma. I think I'd prefer it with.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Yer, I didn't mean to sound peevish myself. I like a correctly formed sentence, and I'll stand by this particular comma.