13 Y/O needs buying advice

modifyeverything
modifyeverything Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
Hello Bike Radar members. I am a 13 year old experienced mountain biker living in the New York area. I love to work on my own bikes, and love to mod my bikes. I tried road biking in may, when a mountain biker friend lent me his road bike, and I LOVED it. I have been road biking on my mountain bike for the whole summer, and i have been doing 20-30 miles per day (when I could) and I am now looking to purchase a road bike. I am looking for something under 800$ (USD) (used or new) and preferably something reliable and relatively easy to work on. Many thanks!

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Hi mate, we're mostly UK based here... but have a look for something like a Specialized Allez. They should be within your budget (both new and used depending on which model) ;)

Also try here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCbike/
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Thanks!! I will be sure to check it out. I love Specialized, as all of my bikes are from the big S. I will be sure to check out the link. Thanks again!