Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

monday then if not now

sungodsungod Posts: 12,180
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

appears to have dried out, a ride seems the best course of action, then choose somewhere for brekkie ii

maybe glue some tubs later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, overcast this morning, not that it will affect the 12 hour shift that is looming, might get a few miles in after work though
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
    Morning, dry and dullish around here. Out with family later and maybe taking bike to have a bit of me time before next lot of shifts start tomorrow. Suspect to many beers last night with eldest as slightly headache. Enjoy you day folks.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    drank too much yesterday and then crashed a Land Rover into a tree (knocking it down) - Decided I need a house with a rally track

    Today has been a quick blast on the bike with a pal and then some jobs and out with the running club later
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    WTF is everyone?

    I can only presume:
    Stevo has hit the downhill to oblivion as the full realisation of Brexit hits.
    TLW is getting on the Liver transplant register.
    Hoppy is in a French hospital with a serious case of gout.
    Hayden felled a tree on himself.
    BBG is waiting in the queue with TLW.
    VN has 1 customer or the tea Walla is unavailable.
    MF has multiplied again and they are arguing the toss as to who will post on the Monday thread. It would be interesting to hear from them all.

    Me got odds to do. It's grey and cool.

    Laters.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    I take it, Phil87648756 doesn't want the tyres.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Customer!?! Bank holiday says they can all fook off. Hospital visits with old folks for me. Barbecue later with no drinking in case I have to dash off.
    What fell over TLW, the tree or the Land Rover?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    No gout for me. It's working that causes overindulgence. Holiday is my time, I'm not being hungover on my time! I have 2 or 3 drinks tops per evening. I've had 3 alcohol-free days since being away.

    Otherwise, scorchio.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    600lb (43 stone woman) bites the dust.

    Quote of the day:

    Danielle added that her mother's weight did not contribute to her death. “At the end she was sick and her body was tired, and her body just gave out,”
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    pinno wrote:
    WTF is everyone?

    I can only presume:
    Stevo has hit the downhill to oblivion as the full realisation of Brexit hits.
    TLW is getting on the Liver transplant register.
    Hoppy is in a French hospital with a serious case of gout.
    Hayden felled a tree on himself.
    BBG is waiting in the queue with TLW.
    VN has 1 customer or the tea Walla is unavailable.
    MF has multiplied again and they are arguing the toss as to who will post on the Monday thread. It would be interesting to hear from them all.

    Me got odds to do. It's grey and cool.

    Laters.
    Well I'm still alive. We just had a long walk with the hound and I'm trying to get the indecisives to make a decision about cars which is a bit of an uphill struggle.

    Now supping coffee and doing a few bits 'n' pieces.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Afternoon all, and specially Pinno who’s feeling left out.
    Like Stevo, doing some bits and bobs, but with beer. If I don’t attend work after the weekend without a hangover my team are disappointed. I don’t want to let them down, you see.
    I like the idea of a Liver transplant - is that moving to Birkenhead?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    pinno wrote:
    WTF is everyone?

    I can only presume:
    Stevo has hit the downhill to oblivion as the full realisation of Brexit hits.
    TLW is getting on the Liver transplant register.
    Hoppy is in a French hospital with a serious case of gout.
    Hayden felled a tree on himself.
    BBG is waiting in the queue with TLW.
    VN has 1 customer or the tea Walla is unavailable.
    MF has multiplied again and they are arguing the toss as to who will post on the Monday thread. It would be interesting to hear from them all.

    Me got odds to do. It's grey and cool.

    Laters.

    Grey and cool eh? How many of us would describe ourselves thus?

    Glad to see the usual suspects here.
    VN - Sorry to see that you seem to have a season ticket for the local hospital. Best wishes for VN Snr
    Hoppy still not working
    TLW crashing the wagon, not just falling off it.
    Is Stevo in the market for a new car. Perhaps something more befitting his image...
    And last and probably least, Pinno. Watcha! How are you spending your days post PPP?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    ballysmate wrote:
    Is Stevo in the market for a new car. Perhaps something more befitting his image...
    Like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eWIrBOc3zE

    Never knew you were on Top Gear Bally :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    Loved Jags. Owned XJs in various forms from 1980s until about 4 years ago. Quickest Jag I drove was a XKR convertible.
    0 to the Magistrates Court in very few seconds.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    ballysmate wrote:
    Loved Jags. Owned XJs in various forms from 1980s until about 4 years ago. Quickest Jag I drove was a XKR convertible.
    0 to the Magistrates Court in very few seconds.
    I thought you would do...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    ballysmate wrote:
    Hoppy still not working
    Correct. :D

    I start new job a week tomorrow. I get home from Spain late on Saturday. It's going to be a big adjustment to get back into the swing of work, but at least I'll be back riding my bike daily, so every cloud and all that.

    Where you been Bally? Hols?
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's going to be a big adjustment to get back into the swing of work, but at least I'll be back riding my bike daily, so every cloud and all that.

    Will your wheels survive the extra weight you've put on over the holiday?
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    veronese68 wrote:
    What fell over TLW, the tree or the Land Rover?
    Tree and maybe a little of the wing
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    ballysmate wrote:
    And last and probably least, Pinno.

    Oi!
    ballysmate wrote:
    Watcha! How are you spending your days post PPP?

    Ah well...

    Shifting waste as an intermediary legitimately for big companies who want to maintain the PR where the waste goes through a legitimate company to haul the stuff (cheaper than it was done before), to an end user who disposes/recycles it legitimately. Often they want money for the commodity (silly barstewards) A few phone calls, emails, perhaps a even meeting and kerching £££.
    Fixing my new Old Banger as I had a bloody fire in it. :roll:
    Failed 'O' ring on a fuel pressure regulator. Luckily, I had a fire extinguisher in the boot but it still scorched bits and bobs. 2 weeks to splice/resolder parts of the harness. Cleaned up engine bay. Shifted oodles of parts from the donor. No longer a runner but it's saved me bucket loads for bits breakers are not interested in selling you 'cos there's little money in them and they cba and you can no longer source them new. "Yeah, i'll get back to you"... [insert tapping your fingers waiting icon].
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    tlw1 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    What fell over TLW, the tree or the Land Rover?
    Tree and maybe a little of the wing

    That's what Landrovers are for. I wouldn't try that Parts Alliance outfit for a wing (hopeless bunch), I would get a large aluminium pot and bash one out.
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    It's going to be a big adjustment to get back into the swing of work, but at least I'll be back riding my bike daily, so every cloud and all that.

    Will your wheels survive the extra weight you've put on over the holiday?

    I'll stick the alloy rims on if the carbon ones creak. :oops:
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    pinno wrote:
    tlw1 wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    What fell over TLW, the tree or the Land Rover?
    Tree and maybe a little of the wing

    That's what Landrovers are for. I wouldn't try that Parts Alliance outfit for a wing (hopeless bunch), I would get a large aluminium pot and bash one out.


    Bash one out into a large aluminium pot? Bloody hell, how much do you produce?
  • Given sufficient rest and the appropriate diet, about a pint and a half.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    ballysmate wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    I would get a large aluminium pot and bash one out.

    Bash one out into a large aluminium pot? Bloody hell, how much do you produce?
    Pfft, amateurs. Jar, lime and string are what’s needed.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    veronese68 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    I would get a large aluminium pot and bash one out.

    Bash one out into a large aluminium pot? Bloody hell, how much do you produce?
    Pfft, amateurs. Jar, lime and string are what’s needed.
    Copy of Razzle and a box of tissues?
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    hopkinb wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    I would get a large aluminium pot and bash one out.

    Bash one out into a large aluminium pot? Bloody hell, how much do you produce?
    Pfft, amateurs. Jar, lime and string are what’s needed.
    Copy of Razzle and a box of tissues?

    Razzle. Perhaps that is an item for the I thought it was better... thread in CS?
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    Nah, the girls in Razzle, Fiesta, Escort, you might possibly meet. Club, Mayfair etc, right out of my league.
  • Morning...

    Went for a "quick" ride this morning doing Wild Wales*. Didn't get back until a few hours ago. Looks like I missed all the fun here.

    TLW don't tell HaydenM about the tree - he will shout at it for being in the way.

    *Yeah it was yesterday but nobody fancied 90 miles in a monsoon so did it today in 6 hours of drizzle instead.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,699
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nah, the girls in Razzle, Fiesta, Escort, you might possibly meet. Club, Mayfair etc, right out of my league.

    I remember there used to be a publication called Whitehouse, so named solely to p1ss off Mary Whitehouse.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,426
    ballysmate wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nah, the girls in Razzle, Fiesta, Escort, you might possibly meet. Club, Mayfair etc, right out of my league.

    I remember there used to be a publication called Whitehouse, so named solely to p1ss off Mary Whitehouse.

    I remember the mag. I didn't know the reason for the name! :D
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nah, the girls in Razzle, Fiesta, Escort, you might possibly meet. Club, Mayfair etc, right out of my league.
    Razzle
Sign In or Register to comment.