charging SRAM ETAP Batteries

rogercoleman
rogercoleman Posts: 13
edited August 2018 in Workshop
my battery has been on charge now for 4 hours, still no green light???

why have I paid for 3 extra plugs in the box if I dont need them????

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I'd think its not on properly. Take it all apart and reassemble.

No idea why you've paid for 3 extra plugs...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    4 hours? either you didn't connect it right or it's faulty

by 'extra plugs', presumably you mean the adaptors to allow use of the charger in various countries with different power sockets

it's a trivial cost vs. supply chain overhead of having single-country skus, the power brick is a generic one with sram branding, they come with the adaptors anyway

people do travel with bikes, having the adaptors is handy, and when not charging etap it can charge other things
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • why have I paid for 3 extra plugs in the box if I dont need them????

I'd much rather pose the question: Why supply a single charger when you have two of the same battery in the groupset? I would have much preferred they made it a dual-cradle charger so you can charge both batteries at once. Wouldn't have cost SRAM that much more for the added convenience.
  • SJH76
    SJH76 Posts: 191
    why have I paid for 3 extra plugs in the box if I dont need them????

I'd much rather pose the question: Why supply a single charger when you have two of the same battery in the groupset? I would have much preferred they made it a dual-cradle charger so you can charge both batteries at once. Wouldn't have cost SRAM that much more for the added convenience.

Takes 45 mins to charge 1. Its not an overnight task. As for the not charging. The usb connecter on mine is a little loose. I use an old phone charger cable instead of the one out the box into the battery dock.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Any update ?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    cougie wrote:
    Any update ?
    pebkac i suspect
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny