Big up your “my man”!

jam1e
jam1e Posts: 1,068
edited August 2018 in Pro race
Random thread for those looking to glorify their chosen few with random links to stuff which prob won’t be seen much.

Link to a really good Sepp Kuss interview on the Fast Talk podcast:

https://www.velonews.com/2018/08/podcas ... uss_474813

Well worth a listen...

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,622
    Degenkolb won the stage of the tour.
  • I'm not having the best of years
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    I did promise Lopez would podium at whatever GT he rode this year... and then I changed my mind and said he'd win a Grand Tour.

So I'd best get over to PaddyPower to put my money where my fingertips are.

And I said G Bennett would be excellent value on TV and he gave us one of the quotes of the season so far.

That being said I thought Froome would be banned, Thomas would fall off, and therefore Poels would win the tour.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    If My Man Tao rides the Vuelta then watch this space. He killed it for Egan in California.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Do you reckon he'll get the call up in Bernals absence?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    He's definitely riding.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Yep, he got the call.

Interesting one, as Sky don't really have a nailed-on GC rider. Whether that means Tao ends up getting to ride his own GC ambitions or stage hunt is anyone's guess. Not sure how it all adds up, as his recent development has seen him focus on proving his worth as a mountain domestique, with a stated aim of moving back down the train. I can' really see him being able to demonstrate that with this team, so maintaining consistency through the three weeks is probably his best bet of getting a GT ride again next year for a serious challenger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Which I think is worthwhile when you consider just about any other GC contender. An off day or two can jeapordize and entire GT so I think it's worth giving it a try before backing him fully.

Would be mega to see him demonstrate his ability as a leader.