Nobody watch the American classics ?

bikes`n`guns
bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
edited August 2018 in Pro race
Tour of Utah anyone. Colorado classic is on just now.

I actually love these races. I think because I like to watch the domestic teams turn themselves inside out to try and show up the Europeans.

No one else bother with them ?
Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently

Comments

• Tour of Utah anyone. Colorado classic is on just now.

I actually love these races. I think because I like to watch the domestic teams turn themselves inside out to try and show up the Europeans.

No one else bother with them ?

I think a number of posters are watching them, at least in part.
    I followed Utah and the stage one comedy in Colorado, but not the ITT.
    Sepp Kuss generated a few posts last week.
    Re: S*** small race thread 2018 is the place to look for all such events.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13088950&start=300
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Burn
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I love Americans Flyers. Does that count ?
  • Mind you, when a Queen stage (Colorado) ends in 50kms of downhill which is preceded by a 20km climb of less than 3% gradient, it shouldn't be hard to figure out why many folks can't be arsed.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Mind you, when a Queen stage (Colorado) ends in 50kms of downhill which is preceded by a 20km climb of less than 3% gradient, it shouldn't be hard to figure out why many folks can't be arsed.
    Plus really wide roads so anyone can ride from the back of the peloton to the front at any time with minimal effort.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Think calling them "classics" is a little generous. Appropriate username though.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Crampeur wrote:
    Think calling them "classics" is a little generous. Appropriate username though.

Calling them Classics when people on here object to calling Paris Tours a classic is very generous indeed
  • There's something about the way they're broadcast that puts me off.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    The world series bike races? I'm afraid I've never liked the US races, kinda similar to the tour Beijing. The European classics and 3 tours are peak of cycling and difficult to beat.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    As evening viewing over in Europe they should do better.. watched them other years but switched to Tour of Hungary for this year
  • The red hook is a cracking good giggle owing to it being fixed gear. Other than that no.
  • No, I don't watch them.

Uninspiring profiles, massive wide roads, poor commentary, few riders or teams about which I care. Never hit the spot for me.

They call themselves "classics". Not many others do.
  • I should just add that I have tried on many occasions to watch and become interested in them, but it's never really taken.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Even the Cyclingtips report (and they're based down the road from the Colorado classic) said it was boring.