Halfords Hybrids

3wheeler
3wheeler Posts: 110
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
Does anyone own or at least tried:
    Boardman Hybrid (Team) bike or Boardman HYB 8.6 Hybrid bike

My mother in law is looking for a bike and had spotted a Carrera hybrid in Halfords that looks very heavy and low quality, so I'm looking at some better options for her.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    3wheeler wrote:
    Does anyone own or at least tried:
      Boardman Hybrid (Team) bike or Boardman HYB 8.6 Hybrid bike

My mother in law is looking for a bike and had spotted a Carrera hybrid in Halfords that looks very heavy and low quality, so I'm looking at some better options for her.

Check out what's on offer at Decathlon. The Triban 500 series is well regarded. Something like this:-

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-520- ... 22799.html
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    mf says that boardmans arevery good and very good value for money.

mf says that in about a minute someone will come along and mock Halfords bikes and say that that are built rubbish and that everyone at Halfords is rubbish.

mf says that these mockers are imbeciles.

#bikesnob
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I think it's more that the quality of mechanics at Halfords is incredibly variable. Some stores are great, some have spanner monkeys that are a danger to the general public.

The Boardman range is top notch though. I own a Team Carbon and it's better than some rental bikes I've had that cost 5x the price.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,011
    I agree with all these responses.
    Boardman or Triban are both very good vfm
  • marpick
    marpick Posts: 49
    I bought my partner a Boardman hybrid around 6 months ago, she absolutely loves it, well built, good quality. It was on offer at the time and with BC discount I paid £360 which was ridiculous for the spec and, as I say, the build quality.

You won't regret it.