Training Peaks -> Turbo...

markwb79
markwb79 Posts: 937
edited September 2018 in Indoor training and turbo forum
Hi,

I am thinking now about my turbo training in the winter.

I plan all my training in training peaks. I am getting a new Turbo, was thinking about a Wahoo Kickr. But whats the best app to use to control the turbo with, based on the session thats created?

I dont think you can program cadence in training peaks, but thats something I want to work on this winter.

Thanks
Mark
Scott Addict 2011
Giant TCR 2012

Comments

• The best app is the included Wahoo Fitness App (WFA).

You can use ERG mode to control the power yourself for steady state rides, intervals, etc. It's the easiest way to control your workout.

WFA also very reliably exports data in a number of formats.

Oh wait. Are you talking about designing a workout session in TP and performing that session on a trainer? I think that's possible but no my area of expertise.

Markwb79 wrote:
    Hi,

I am thinking now about my turbo training in the winter.

I plan all my training in training peaks. I am getting a new Turbo, was thinking about a Wahoo Kickr. But whats the best app to use to control the turbo with, based on the session thats created?

I dont think you can program cadence in training peaks, but thats something I want to work on this winter.

Thanks
    Mark
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    The best app is the included Wahoo Fitness App (WFA).

You can use ERG mode to control the power yourself for steady state rides, intervals, etc. It's the easiest way to control your workout.

WFA also very reliably exports data in a number of formats.

Oh wait. Are you talking about designing a workout session in TP and performing that session on a trainer? I think that's possible but no my area of expertise.

Cheers for the reply. Now I see that option on the app.

But yes, I would like to design the work out in TP and then do it on the trainer.
    Worst case I then recreate the workout on the trainers software and then use that.

I am not stuck on the Wahoo, but something like that. I see you can create sessions on the Tacx app for example.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I've created workouts in trainingpeaks and they sync direct to Zwift. However I think they will also sync direct to a Wahoo head unit so you can use that to control the trainer.

Personally I prefer to create workouts in TTS4 (Tacx software) as it allows you to create them based on gradient.
  • FWIW if your workouts are simple like 2 x 20 or 4 x 4 then manual control would still be the best option because so easy to just change the power on the fly.
    Markwb79 wrote:
    Worst case I then recreate the workout on the trainers software and then use that.
  • Agree with APIII - All my workouts are built in TP and whatever workout is in my TP calendar that day also appears in Zwift. It makes the whole process incredibly simple.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Agree with APIII - All my workouts are built in TP and whatever workout is in my TP calendar that day also appears in Zwift. It makes the whole process incredibly simple.

I've just created a workout in Training Peaks (on work laptop), I use my iphone to run zwift, where will I see this workout? Do I need to do anything else?
  • OK so the workouts are named etc but still nothing shows up. No issues with syncing data from Zwift back to Strava and Training Peaks in terms of the efforts done but I am just not seeing the workout listed in the Training dropdown.
  • Disconnected Training Peaks, re-connected and the workout is there. Job done.