Anyone got a 120 POE Ratchet ring tool for Halo SupaDrive / Superstar Trizoid?

was8v
was8v Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a superstar trizoid 120 POE hub, which is a Chosen hub from Taiwan.

Its the same as a Halo Supadrive, for which spares are available.

The ratchet ring needs replacing. The ring is only £5 but the tool is £31 so I thought I would check here to see if anyone already had one they would loan or sell.

Has anyone done the job? Did the ratchet ring come out OK?

My other option is to try and cut the ring thats in there, this risks destroying the hub though – anyone done that?

Looks like this: https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/tools-c1 ... ool-p13654

halo-supadrive-drive-ring-tool-p13654-44560_medium.jpg

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    No and no in answer to your question.
    Can you post photo of the hub.

Re cutting out the ring, whilst being careful you may not damage the hub, but surely you will need the tool to refit the ring.

How often do you envisage having to use the tool determines whether you should buy it. If a one off, then maybe lbs is better and cheaper option.
  • was8v
    was8v Posts: 3
    Hi thanks for the reply.

If I cut the ratchet ring out I would just screw the new one in and let the pedalling action tighten it up.

However I could not get in to cut it without risking damage.

Bike shop very unlikely to have such a rare tool for a rare hub (only halo and superstar use these 120poe cho-sen hubs).

So I just bought the tool, eventually got the ratchet ring off after heating the hubshell with a blowtorch and heaving on it for an hour with the tool clamped in a vice.

So.... if anyone out there reads this, and has a halo supa drive or superstar trizoid 120poe in need of a new ratchet, I have a tool which I'll sell you.

The halo supa drive ratchet ring and pawls from triton cycles fit the superstar trizoid 120 hub perfectly.