Playstation + turbo trainer

andygo
andygo Posts: 39
Hi
My boy loves his cycling - but also loves playing Tour de France on playstation.
Is there a way of adapting or hacking a playstation controller so he can play while using a turbo trainer?
I'm thinking some kind of Bluetooth function or just hacking into the controller...
He wouldn't need all the functions transferred - just accelerator for back wheel and steering a front. We can mount the controller on his handlebars to use buttons for the other functions.
I'm reasonably ok at bodging things but electronics aren't my strong point. Can follow instructions though...
There used to be a ready made one called Gamebike made by Cateye. But they stopped doing it years ago. Pity...
Any help appreciated...don't bother with any smart arse posts
Thanks
Andy

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Have you heard of Zwift?

Might be a better oprion than trying to frankenbodge a PS controller, although I'd admire your pragmatism ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • andygo
    andygo Posts: 39
    Should have mentioned...he's 10 and if we get something up and running he'll want to use it for other games too... F1 and Dirt Rally for starters. At least he get some exercise while gaming...
    Don't want to go down the zwift route just yet....
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    andygo wrote:
    Should have mentioned...he's 10 and if we get something up and running he'll want to use it for other games too... F1 and Dirt Rally for starters. At least he get some exercise while gaming...
    Don't want to go down the zwift route just yet....
    Dont fret the Zwift business model will go down the route of consoles at some point.
    They have to, their venture backers will want as much profit as possible.
  • lochindaal
    lochindaal Posts: 475
    You can get Zwift for free for U13's if you have an account
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    edited December 2020
    You can install Zwift on the Nintendo Switch with a bit of black magic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYLz9CPbBKk

Shane Miller (GPLama) video

Yet to try it myself even though we have a Switch, if the laptop is being used, I use my Android mobile Zwift app.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo