Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold here arm warmers required this morning
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Very warm here in France :)

Stayed in a Airbnb last night, first time and if always like this I will be very happy - it was in a chateau owned by a film director and 15 of us had dinner in the garden

Today is the final couple of hours south and pool/drinking/food will be the plan
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    air b'n'b rock - we always use them. far better than staying in hotels.

off to the dump - #rocknroll then family stuff. trying not to tell bloke on your road bike picture bit that his madone is fugly as hell.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Today I'll be mostly doing not a lot after a long session yesterday of sampling rather excellent beers at GBBF in Olympia. With free spicy crisps.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    TLW1 wrote:

Stayed in a Airbnb last night, first time and if always like this I will be very happy - it was in a chateau owned by a film director and 15 of us had dinner in the garden

Today is the final couple of hours south and pool/drinking/food will be the plan

You are a complete and utter b4stard. I'm not jealous in the slightest.

Cold is relative. Try telling those Penguins currently huddled up in Antarctica that "'''ooh, it's a bit chilly here don't you know?...".

It's a gorgeous morning. Today I have to do some silly 'messages'* and then it's a pedal.

*Jockish term. You'll have to look it up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Slow start interrupted by harridan next door screaming at her devil spawn, then the builders started at 8. I wouldn’t mind but they told us last week they were well ahead of time so there’s no need to work weekends.
    Anyway, pottering to be done then off to see the old man before a barbecue with friends.
    Have a good day one and all.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Only been up just over an hour :) Lazy day in cider country, will walk the hound by the river then head out somewhere depending on how crack the weather is.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    ciao

mf doesn't know what he has unearthed beneath the wood pile but it doesn't smell good.

mf is not happy at having to clear it up.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Sounds like quite a wood pile MF. Why not get the other MFs to sort it and supervise with a cool drink in hand?
    Hi all. Had a cracking bike ride around Thorney Island this pm after filling my belly with Staffordshire oatcakes and some fruit in a last-minute concession at healthy eating. All the way round is on footpaths with stern warnings about cycling being forbidden but who cares. Did it on me tourer and now scratched and stung to bits. I love the feeling of nettle stings tingling away. Stopped at a local brewery on the way home for a takeout and will be making Mrs BBGeek some chicken stir fry for tea.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mrs H3 has painted over the disgusting wallpaper she insisted on having on one wall in the living room when we moved in more than 8 years ago. 8 years for an 'I told you so', definitely worth it.

I have scotch eggs and pork pies from the Ginger Pig. They are very fine.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Mrs H3 has painted over the disgusting wallpaper she insisted on having on one wall in the living room when we moved in more than 8 years ago. 8 years for an 'I told you so', definitely worth it.

Both are food from the gods. I will make do with some charcuterie, and take out further shares in the company that makes Gaviscon.
    Wallpaper was invented by Satan.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Been to the pub in Bideford. Pub dinner beckons soon. Hopefully will be back to see Match of the Day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

You are a complete and utter b4stard. I'm not jealous in the slightest.

Cold is relative. Try telling those Penguins currently huddled up in Antarctica that "'''ooh, it's a bit chilly here don't you know?...".

It's a gorgeous morning. Today I have to do some silly 'messages'* and then it's a pedal.

*Jockish term. You'll have to look it up.
    It was loads of fun too ;)

Now in the gite after a nice meal out and a day by the pool and built the bike up for a ride tomorrow - I’m happy :)
  • Matthewfalle
    anyone else watching PP2?

its accatastic.

#sheerjoy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

You lazy barstewards. I can tell you're from Coventry.
    Mrs Pinno said "You shouldn't paint over wallpaper. Why didn't they remove it? They could have done it together". I replied "...with a glass of wine in hand".

Or did you sit there watching, arms folded; vindicated?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Mrs Pinno said "You shouldn't paint over wallpaper. Why didn't they remove it? They could have done it together". I replied "...with a glass of wine in hand".

The latter, but out of the house, visiting mother in law who is recently bereaved of feline (and who coincidentally lives only 5 stops from the o2)

You can't paint on a gopping old wall either, where if you take off the paper, the plaster's coming too. Feckin wallpaper has peeled anyway, it's a right state. I can't say anything, as she'll kill me, but she's spent hours making a right mess.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo, Sorry to leave you with the crap weather mate.
    You certainly have oxo, it's complete ****ing pants now until Monday. Still, at least its cool enough to sleep well - woke up just before 10 this morning.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

You let Mrs. Pinno read this forum? :shock:
  • Matthewfalle
    OMG!!!!!

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Wallpaper was invented by Satan.

The truth has been spoken.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...but she's spent hours making a right mess.

:lol:

When the wall (plaster) is a bit ropey, you can use lining paper.

https://www.diy.com/departments/erfurt- ... 0wodC7oIsw

The heavier, the better.
    Make sure there's nothing but concave indentations, not convex and it will do a fantastic job.