Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday is a long time since then

sungodsungod Posts: 12,181
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, etc.

summer seems to have departed, though at least this year there was some decent sunniness, soon be time to head south to the land of the tabby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,043
    On the ferry but knackered, didn’t manage to sleep last night, so the drive down was a monster season of monster
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 7,701
    Morning, brrrrrr cooler out this morning despite the sun shining,a trip to the garden centre is on the cards, hopefully will be out on the bike later
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,181
    had a stroll, quite nippy out

    roll on cafe time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,637
    Saw physio, who tells me I need to breathe "differently". :roll:

    The weather gods were certainly breathing hard today here - howling gale for a few hours this afternoon, some trees gone... weekend plans now modified to include "clean-up wreckage".
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,241
    Morning from a very wet Devon. Family has decided to come home day early as missing the bloody mutt. TBH weather's not good so prob best idea. Supposed to improve over wkend. Enjoy your Friday.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Quite a bright morning around these parts after a lot of rain last night. Still had to drive in today as I am ferrying people around later. Unfortunately it's also someone's leaving do after work and I will only be able to stop briefly.
    busy weekend trying to sort stuff out at the 'rents place in the hope that the old man gets released.
    Saw physio, who tells me I need to breathe "differently". :roll:
    I've never been able to perfect the nonchalant I wasn't trying look whilst breathing out my aris' after trying too hard on a ride. Could you ask your physio about that?
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,637
    veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Quite a bright morning around these parts after a lot of rain last night. Still had to drive in today as I am ferrying people around later. Unfortunately it's also someone's leaving do after work and I will only be able to stop briefly.
    busy weekend trying to sort stuff out at the 'rents place in the hope that the old man gets released.
    Saw physio, who tells me I need to breathe "differently". :roll:
    I've never been able to perfect the nonchalant I wasn't trying look whilst breathing out my aris' after trying too hard on a ride. Could you ask your physio about that?

    Will make a note. "Asking for a friend..." :D

    Apparently I'm supposed to breathe using my ribs more and my fat stomach less. Whatever.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    Apparently I'm supposed to breathe using my ribs more and my fat stomach less. Whatever.
    Haha, I read something saying to breathe using your diaphragm recently. I think the important bit is that we breathe :lol:
  • homers_doublehomers_double Posts: 6,440
    In T-minus four weeks and counting I'll be breathing a sigh of relief as I crash out on a sun lounger, drink in hand.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,238
    veronese68 wrote:
    I think the important bit is that we breathe :lol:

    ...great...
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

    jeez :roll:
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,428
    Funny stink round here again.

    On the way to the O2 for Iron Maiden.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,181
    yeah

    may you have a bangin' time, and none of that modern stuff
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,287 Lives Here
    FishFish wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    I think the important bit is that we breathe :lol:
    ...great...
    Don’t worry, that doesn’t apply to you.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    hopkinb wrote:
    Funny stink round here again.

    On the way to the O2 for Iron Maiden.

    now that is something mf never thought he would see H3 post......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    as an aside, mf decided to strip out and rebuild the wood stack today ready to get everything dry for winter.

    2 hrs he said.

    5hrs and its still not finished.......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 39,413
    Evening Lycra Lovers,

    Overly long drive to North Devon as everyone else appeared to be heading there as well. Been out for dinner and now drinking the complementary grog in the cottage. The hound has a few new friends as the farm dogs want him to join their gang. I think a good lie in is due tomorrow.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 38,154
    Meh. Had a fire in the old new banger yesterday.
    Luckily had a fire extinguisher in the back.
    Failed O ring on fuel pressure regulator.
    Spent a day pulling the wiring harness apart.
    It's going to take time...
    S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
    W - Wiggle Honda

    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,428
    sungod wrote:
    yeah

    may you have a bangin' time, and none of that modern stuff

    About 75% pre '86. I nipped out and bought my nephew a t-shirt in the new bit.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,428
    hopkinb wrote:
    Funny stink round here again.

    On the way to the O2 for Iron Maiden.

    now that is something mf never thought he would see H3 post......

    H3 has what the other MFs might call eclectic taste.

    Iron Maiden were the first band who made me really sit up and listen, back in 1985. Bruce Dickinson is a god amongst men.
Sign In or Register to comment.