Look 695 Help

redmist82
redmist82 Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Workshop
I've recently bought a second hand Look 695 frame from 2014 which is in brand new condition. The frame has been used with Di2 groupset and doesn't have the cable stops, internal cable guides or bottom bracket guide for a mechnical groupset. I wan to run mechanical, so does anyone have any spares from conversion or broken frame, or can anyone recommend a good shop or supplier to source these parts? One of the chainring bolts is slightly rounded and I'd like to replace that, but the official Look bolts are really expensive, does anyone know of a suitable alternative that can be used? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    you dont understand. The bike is like the 795. it is Di2 an mechanic groupset compatible. the RD is actuated by a straight through cable. The FD cable needs a liner running through the frame. A new Look comes with a bag containing all the cable stops/end and a cable set. These parts are available from zyro if you need them but are not cheap. Often special order.

A Look delaer can help you out (I can too) but really the bike is needed. If I were you take it to a Look dealer and let them do the job. It will be a nightmare for you. the parts are not sold online as far as I know.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Ok thanks for confirming this. I realise that the frame is compatible with electronic and mechanical groups- I want to move my Force onto the new frame but am missing the derailleur cable stops and a guide for the BB. Can you confirm what you mean by a ‘straight through cable’ for the rear mech? I assumed I would need 1) set of cable stops 2) BB guide for cables 3) internal cable guide tubing. Is that right? While I’d love to get to a dealer but there isn’t even one in the country here. Thanks again.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    It has been a while since i have built a 695 so I might have been mistaken in my first post.

Having looked at the 695 documents you do need a cable guide. I cant remember if this is a look specific item or not, you will need some frame stops for housing and liner. This should come as a kit with the bike. That kit will be available from Look through zyro fisher but expect it to have to be sent from france and expect to wait a bit. it wont be cheap either.

call zyro fisher and ask where your nearest look dealer is and take your bike in. I am probably not you LBS. You also may want to leave them to do the work or stick with Di2. I would stick with what you have its less hassle.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • It has been a while since i have built a 695 so I might have been mistaken in my first post.

Having looked at the 695 documents you do need a cable guide. I cant remember if this is a look specific item or not, you will need some frame stops for housing and liner. This should come as a kit with the bike. That kit will be available from Look through zyro fisher but expect it to have to be sent from france and expect to wait a bit. it wont be cheap either.

call zyro fisher and ask where your nearest look dealer is and take your bike in. I am probably not you LBS. You also may want to leave them to do the work or stick with Di2. I would stick with what you have its less hassle.

Christ man! Have you read any of the OP's posts or do you just start smashing keys?
  • redmist82 wrote:
    I've recently bought a second hand Look 695 frame from 2014 which is in brand new condition. The frame has been used with Di2 groupset and doesn't have the cable stops, internal cable guides or bottom bracket guide for a mechnical groupset. I wan to run mechanical, so does anyone have any spares from conversion or broken frame, or can anyone recommend a good shop or supplier to source these parts? One of the chainring bolts is slightly rounded and I'd like to replace that, but the official Look bolts are really expensive, does anyone know of a suitable alternative that can be used? Thanks for the help.

I've just converted my 695 (aerolight) to eTap.
    I have left the inners / stops where they are in the frame.

I have also lost 2 chainring bolts- they worked themselves loose over time. IF they are the male (rear) parts, then you can simply replace them with any equivalent chainring bolt set. If they are the outer (female) long part, then you will need to hunt down something online. From memory the Look kit is ~£85 for bolts and spacers!
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire
  • Hi all / OP - did you resolve this in the end? I'm having the same issue with a Look 695 (2012 model) and would love some information! Looking at the cheapest solution to support the cable routing so the cable doesn't dig into the frame after it wraps round the bottom bracket, etc.

Thanks