Has anyone seen anywhere in the UK that sells the Mitchelton Scott FRC Pro Kit?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,868
edited January 2019 in Road buying advice
Afternoon,

would love to get myself a set of the shorts and jersey, but the only one I can get here seems to be the Vero jersey, which I bought in an XS, and kind of fits ok.

Would like to get the real deal though, but the cheapest I can find, is BobShop at 300 euros!
https://www.bobshop.com/en/giordana/mitchelton-scott-frc-2018-set-2-pieces/
S16609_1.jpg

Plenty of places are selling the replica kit, but that isn't what I am after.

I contacted Giordana.co.uk\The Bikerooms, but had no reply.

Think my googling skills are pretty good, but just wondered if anyone had found anything at a less eye watering price.
Or does anyone know if they ever\semi regularly have discount codes? I've never shopped with them before.
Just tried 10EXTRA, but won't apply, as just for sale items.

I could wait, and see if it is reduced in price, but then also run the 'risk' of them running out of stock in my size.

Have just noticed TCB have 5.25% cashback, which is better than a poke in the eye with a stick.

All4cycling have them too, but they are even more pricey!
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Those are ridiculous prices and by the time you get them I'm sure they'll be out of date.
    If they are that price retail then I think we know why it's not being sold in the UK.
  • daniel_b
    Fenix wrote:
    Those are ridiculous prices and by the time you get them I'm sure they'll be out of date.
    If they are that price retail then I think we know why it's not being sold in the UK.

I agree the price is steep, Rapha steep in fact!

Being 'out of date' is of no concern to me, if I like the colourway/design, i'll always like it, and I carefully look after my kit.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    Giordana kit is generally rare in the uk. I’ve tried to contact the uk distributor about the FRC bib availability via various methods; no response.

Maybe try eBay or Italian websites.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    I don't usually wear team kit I really wish I had some Orica jerseys now.. Was good looking and a hype team
  • daniel_b
    TheFog wrote:
    Giordana kit is generally rare in the uk. I’ve tried to contact the uk distributor about the FRC bib availability via various methods; no response.

Maybe try eBay or Italian websites.

Well you say that, but I bought a few items from Ribble previously, including some FRC stuff (And very nice it was too) and also the fairly newly formed Giordana.co.uk stocks a load of their range (not unexpectedly) including a lot of the FRC range, bib shorts included - frustratingly they stock the Vero MS jersey, but none of the top of the range kit.

Haven't tried Italian websites, but that's a good call - have seen some on Italian ebay sites, but no cheaper than bobshop, especially galling as the strength of the pound versus the euro is so poor, and not looking to change anytime soon.
    mamil314 wrote:
    I don't usually wear team kit I really wish I had some Orica jerseys now.. Was good looking and a hype team

Tbh, I don't really either - I have a Sky LS jersey bought from their ebay store when it existed, some incredible reduction, and it's a lovely jersey, but it's confined to the turbo in the winter, or as a layer underneath a jacket when riding outside.
    The only other team jerseys I have simply because I like the colours or the designs - so I have a bargainous set of JLT Condor kit.
    Having trained a lot over the last 18 months, I am finally getting to a point where I feel I can justify to myself that I can wear such kit - just a personal thing, and would in no way have any negative opinions about anyone who wanted to wear full team kit, purely my personal approach :D

Re the Orica kit, on my search for MS kit, I did stumble across a fair bit of Orica kit, and a lot of it reduced - didn't notice the sizes though, as wasn't looking for it if you get where I am coming from.

Just found these:
    https://www.thebikerooms.com/giordana-vero-pro-orica-s-s-jersey
    https://www.thebikerooms.com/giordana-vero-pro-orica-bib-shorts
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Gave up on this in the end.

Neither bikerooms or Giordana responded to my messages.
    No decent discount codes popped up for bobshop, and now they are out of stock of all size small.

Westbrook had the vero shorts, but with a picture of the frc ones (they are going to sort) for £100.
    For no obvious reason bikerooms/giordana.co.uk have always had them (vero) up for £65, so ordered one of those. Unlikely to wear the shorts for long rides anyway.
    £115 all in seems reasonable to me, others opinions are likely to differ :lol:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Find one of the guys most active on social media/your size and fire them a very friendly message, there's a good chance they'll hook you up!
  • daniel_b
    Just to update this thread, all4cycling have a sale on at the mo, and I bagged the last small frc jersey plus a 'technical' t shirt to qualify for free postage.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    The all4 order came in super quick time.

Technical T is a lovely close but casual fit.
    Jersey in small is snug, and i'm a few kg over my ideal weight, but think it will still be fine once I'm back there. Noticable difference in quality over it's £50 Volo cousin, for me, it's worth it.

Also ordered a medium speedsuit from elsewhere, shorts fit fine, but the top is supertight, equivalent to an xxs jersey, though they don't make one, but you get my drift.
    Hoping once I have lost a bit I can shoehorn myself into it, may never get out of it though.....

Surprised the sizing is quite so different.

Did cross my mind it could be a 'replica' , but everything has the right badges, branding, even on the plush pad, so pretty confident it is the genuine article.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18