sunday jamahiriya democratique et populaire de sauvage

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,520
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ridey ridey, brekkie brekkie

seems triathlopes are swarming to the east of me, that's just a good ride spoiled

later i shall give a live demonstration of vitamin d3 synthesis whilst listening to savage republic
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, work for me again 12 hour shift looms, luckily I should be travelling south tomorrow
    Have a good day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sun shinjng, bambini all day, popping down to see a friend so the bambini can jump in his pool.

thats about it really.

have a good one.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Morning Peeps,

I'm currently doing what SG does in the working week and sitting outside a cafe supping coffee - some people that Mrs. 666 knows have taken over a local caff so I feel obliged to patronise it. Just perusing the cooked brekkie menu :)

Also looking forward to following in Oxos footsteps next week when we're off to North Devon. No bikes though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Glorious sunny day out there. More hospital visits beckon, they’ve moved him up to the oncology ward now so new surroundings and maybe an improved view though. Must put the chain back on my bike, stripped it down for a thorough clean and lube job yesterday, probably lost a kilo of weight in some of the crud that came off. Haven’t ridden it through mud for ages but some of it does hang in there. Onwards and upwards...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Good sleep after ale

Now chilling before the journey back, then Pub
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Lovely forenoon ride, home before the temps get too high. Afternoon of garden shade pottering to come with steak night booked in the local gastro pub for this evening. All good innit.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Rode to Roehampton gate cafe through the woods and on the gravel with mini, where she had a chocolate muffin, and I a slice of banana cake and an espresso. Then we rode back on the road through the middle of the park. She hit nearly 29 kph on the slight descent from pen ponds cafe to robin hood gate. Span out her biggest gear, so she tucked with her nose on the bars. V funny to watch.

We're off to the cinema later for some shyte. Maybe Mrs H3 will reappear later - she's been away drinking and cackling with some of her girlfriends. No doubt she'll find something to whine about, so I'd better run a hoover and a cloth around.

Still hot here.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    No doubt she'll find something to whine about, so I'd better run a hoover and a cloth around.
    Don't bother with the hoover and cloth, that'll give her something to whine about and divert from stuff that might be important/worth whining about.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Lovely weather here Stevo, hopefully still nice for next week. No bike though that's just chickening out. It's got to be done, hills are hard around here though.
    Oxo, the other two won't go near a bike so it'd be a solo job which is a bit anti-social even though I'd be happy to do it to get away from the moaning etc :)

I just looked at next weeks' weather for North Devon - max 19/20c and rain for the first three days. Bloody typical :roll: Pubs and footy it is then.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'noon

Last minute decision to do a TT first thing. Couldn't find the sign on point for ages, but it was OK because the organiser had forgotten the numbers and sign on sheets so the start was delayed a bit.

Looks like the £5 cadence/speed sensor is worth about that - recorded 1 measurement and that's all.

Severe case of CBA this afternoon, 3 of the 4 current detectors I built for something aren't working.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Lovely weather here Stevo, hopefully still nice for next week. No bike though that's just chickening out. It's got to be done, hills are hard around here though.
    Oxo, the other two won't go near a bike so it'd be a solo job which is a bit anti-social even though I'd be happy to do it to get away from the moaning etc :)

I just looked at next weeks' weather for North Devon - max 19/20c and rain for the first three days. Bloody typical :roll: Pubs and footy it is then.
    Just take a bike - it will make you much happier
  • hopkinb
    Plotting a route in the Surrey hills for tomorrow in the sun, this time avoiding Barhatch, which broke my spirit last week (obviously, other more unpleasant climbs are available elsewhere in the UK) I may have to offend sungod, and most of Surrey, by unzipping my jersey on the climbs. Unfortunately I will not have any domestiques or a support car, so I will not be able to chuck my bidons about the countryside, which is a shame.

Looks cooler next week, so glad to be headed to be southern Spain in less than 2 weeks for sightseeing, tapas & la Vuelta. Gosh, this 6 weeks off is flying past. Oh for a lottery win. There are still so many places to see, foods to eat, books to read, languages to learn, puzzles to do and hills to climb (whilst cursing all that food I ate).
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

You're right. I'll refit the roof rack this week.
  • hopkinb
    I could hardly get the car up some moss covered 30% gradient inbetween Lynton and Lynmouth when I was down the other week. Make sure you pack your shortest gear ratios.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

You're right. I'll refit the roof rack this week.
    Just going through the same myself - think ive convinced the wife to pack less and will put it in the boot
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Just going through the same myself - think ive convinced the wife to pack less and will put it in the boot
    :shock: How?
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    I'm in Lee Bay and up to now my CX with a 34/32 is just about doing it as long as I stay sat on my butt when it's damp. Enjoy the short and steep ones.
    The lowest ratio on my communter is 36/27 so should be fun...might pack the Anthem instead, which has a 22/36 :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    :shock: How?
    Not sure!