Tubeless noob help

roadrunner20
roadrunner20 Posts: 40
edited August 2018 in Workshop
Hi all,

Recent purchase of canyon aeroad 9 and its running REYNOLDS STRIKE SLG CARBON DISC wheels.

Am I correct in saying they tubeless? I ask as received bike and tyres quite flat, I've tried pumping them up but lot of air escaping, I've also noticed the tyre on front not sealed but has come off, looking inside no tubes.

Silly question but did they forget to include tubes or just bad job of setting them up tubeless.

Any help be great.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    https://reynoldscycling.com/products/strike-disc-brake
    Tubeless, only took 30 seconds on Google..... (hint try it before posting?)

Tubeless are rarely sent inflated, if you can't inflate it you can't maintain it, so you may as well start at the beginning it sounds like it has valve and therfore tape, so you just need sealant.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • orlok
    orlok Posts: 89
    Hi all,

Recent purchase of canyon aeroad 9 and its running REYNOLDS STRIKE SLG CARBON DISC wheels.

Am I correct in saying they tubeless? I ask as received bike and tyres quite flat, I've tried pumping them up but lot of air escaping, I've also noticed the tyre on front not sealed but has come off, looking inside no tubes.

Silly question but did they forget to include tubes or just bad job of setting them up tubeless.

Any help be great.
    If I look at the canon website https://www.canyon.com/nl/road/aeroad/2018/aeroad-cf-slx-disc-8-0-di2.html I can see that the wheelset is livrable with Continental Grand Prix Attack III tyres and these tyres are NOT tubeless, so if you didn't found a inner-tube they did forgotten to put it in.! :wink:
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 8000 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 UST - Tubeless
  • Yep they forgot inner tube
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not really if they fitted a tubeless valve (how else did you try pumping them up) a 'forgot' seems unlikely (not withstanding it seems very unlikely anyway), what tyres are actually fitted?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Man wants speed

Man spends lots of money

Man hasn’t learned how to pump tyres up

Mans dream of pro contract crushed.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I used to run my Reynolds Assault wheels tubeless.
    What tyres are actually fitted?
    If there's a value, but no inner tube, then it sound like it's a deliberate attempt at tubeless.