saturday in a babylon

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another early ride, warming up nicely again, though forecast for later looking a bit sunnycloudy, scorchio unlikely
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, early ride for me aswell , we were told yesterday to not turn up for work until 10 o’clock, so that will do for me
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Good night in the local has meant a decent lie in, now about to take the hound out whilst I cycle and then it’s a longish run

Then pack the car up (light as I’ve still got my dads) and off down south to see an old uni pal
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao! sun shining so MF is just about to take the hound around the block then a bit of brekkie then off to the flicks then some lunch then keep the bambini outside in the sun as long as possible then maybe a bbq then chill with some vino rosso.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny and cool here in East London. Having a cup of tea in the garden. Off to visit an old friend of the in-laws in a bit, then back home. Must think of something to amuse mini. Maybe a bike ride. Enjoy your day tout le monde.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks, slowish start after a very fitful sleep. Off to see the old dear shortly then take her to see the old man. Hopefully they’ve moved him up to the oncology ward now.
    Lovely and sunny down here at the moment. Might have a beer later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sunny...
    [
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...sunny
    sungod wrote:
    '...sunny...

You're all in the same area aren't you?! One weather girl will do ta.
    More importantly, has 'the south' got enough stocks of beer for TLW's Alumni pairing?
    Trying to summon energy for a pedal. I think the O'Bree pre ride prep of toast and jam is on the cards. Might need more coffee later.
    Only 16 days till toots go back to school. Not that i'm counting.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sunny...
    [
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...sunny
    sungod wrote:
    '...sunny...

More importantly, has 'the south' got enough stocks of beer for TLW's Alumni pairing?
    The bonnet is full and I haven’t put the case in yet :)

Sunny here too
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Only 16 days till toots go back to school. Not that i'm counting.

Sungod is North London I believe, very different up there. Dragons etc..

If TLW runs out of booze, I've got some advocaat left over from Christmas.

We have a month left til ours go back. Though as we only have mini at the moment, life is quite peaceful.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sunny...
    [
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...sunny
    sungod wrote:
    '...sunny...

Sunny here too
    Bonnet full? Not sure if the car in question is very cool or comes with curling tongs as an optional extra :)

Strangely enough it's pretty hot here as well. Had a good lie in then got a haircut and took the hound to his training class. Might start sorting stuff for the next holiday if I get bored.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Might start sorting stuff for the next holiday if I get bored.
    Where are you going Stevo?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sunny...
    [
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...sunny
    sungod wrote:
    '...sunny...

Sunny here too
    Bonnet full? Not sure if the car in question is very cool or comes with curling tongs as an optional extra :)
    No curling tongs
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    North Devon, probably not far from where you've just been. We're staying a couple of miles outside (the probably aptly named) Bideford.

Got any top tips apart from the honey farm and the camel toe restaurant? Looking a bit short on dog-friendly options apart from going to the beach.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    No curling tongs
    Not a Beetle then?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    No curling tongs
    Not a Beetle then?

Could be a Porsche.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    No curling tongs
    Not a Beetle then?

Could be a Porsche.
    Maybe it's his Men-o-Porsche?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    No curling tongs
    Not a Beetle then?

Could be a Porsche.
    Not mine :( my old chaps
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    North Devon, probably not far from where you've just been. We're staying a couple of miles outside (the probably aptly named) Bideford.

Got any top tips apart from the honey farm and the camel toe restaurant? Looking a bit short on dog-friendly options apart from going to the beach.
    Ah, yeah, we were in Croyde, across the estuary from Bideford. We went to Quince Honey Farm, that restaurant was in Croyde, and was called Blue Groove. We also went to Lynton Cliff railway. The beach we went to was Saunton sands, which was dog friendly.
    From previous trips, Clovelly is a very picturesque old fishing village, and a nice spot for a cream tea.
    You might be a bit far for North Cornwall, depending on your appetite for driving down the A39. But, there's a good pub called the St Tudy inn, in St. Tudy. They allow dogs in part of the pub, we had a lovely lunch there a couple of years ago with the hound. Tintagel, Boscastle, Polzeath and Padstow all worth a nose around.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sunny...
    [
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...sunny
    sungod wrote:
    '...sunny...

Same area? SG is up norff, Hopper lives near me but is currently visiting in the East I believe and I’m South West. Completely different. :roll:

Just been to see the old man, cancer has grown and spread around his guts hence the sickness. He is now nil by mouth and all nutrients from a drip. Find out more on Monday but it is almost certainly inoperable as that was already the case a few months ago. Chemo doesn’t appear to be an option either so it’s all about palliative care now.
    Balls!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ah, yeah, we were in Croyde, across the estuary from Bideford. We went to Quince Honey Farm, that restaurant was in Croyde, and was called Blue Groove. We also went to Lynton Cliff railway. The beach we went to was Saunton sands, which was dog friendly.
    From previous trips, Clovelly is a very picturesque old fishing village, and a nice spot for a cream tea.
    You might be a bit far for North Cornwall, depending on your appetite for driving down the A39. But, there's a good pub called the St Tudy inn, in St. Tudy. They allow dogs in part of the pub, we had a lovely lunch there a couple of years ago with the hound. Tintagel, Boscastle, Polzeath and Padstow all worth a nose around.
    Nice one Hoppy, thanks for the tips.

I remember Clovelly from when we were in North Devon yonks ago, but that's about it. We'll probably stick to Devon as we have friends in Cornwall we can stay with for another trip.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    No curling tongs
    Not a Beetle then?

Could be a Porsche.
    Not mine :( my old chaps
    So you get to use it but don't pay for the maintenance, doesn't sound too bad.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just been to see the old man, cancer has grown and spread around his guts hence the sickness. He is now nil by mouth and all nutrients from a drip. Find out more on Monday but it is almost certainly inoperable as that was already the case a few months ago. Chemo doesn’t appear to be an option either so it’s all about palliative care now.
    Balls!
    Sorry, must have been writing my reply to Hoppy when you posted that.

Very sad news, though at least it isn't a shock given what the docs told you a few months back. Hope they can keep him fairly comfortable.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Balls!
    Sorry, must have been writing my reply to Hoppy when you posted that.

Very sad news, though at least it isn't a shock given what the docs told you a few months back. Hope they can keep him fairly comfortable.
    :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veronese68 wrote:

Balls!

V

really really sorry to read that - thoughts with you and yours. PM if you need to.

M
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Shyte, I missed that earlier V. That's tough news. I'm around if you need a new face. Take care.
  • veronese68
    Thanks all, as Stevo said it’s not a surprise we’d just hoped the chemo would have worked a bit better. He’s feeling better than he has for a while as at least he’s getting something inside him even if it’s from a drip.
    Back on that shitty bit of CS7 Monday evening then,
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    V
    Five