Drop Out Pop Out Schmop Out

sam_anon
sam_anon Posts: 153
edited August 2018 in Workshop
So my rear wheel has popped out twice recently. Firstly when picking my bike up to lean it against a fence, then tonight when finishing a ride and riding over a super low kerb.

Never had issues with QRs in my mountain bike days and never had issues on this bike before. It's a 2017 Pinnacle Dolomite 6, with hydraulic discs and I think cartridge bearings, which are new to me. My QR lever always points backwards when closed so nothing is stopping the lever close fully.

Any thoughts? Will drop into Evans tomorrow and try and encourage them to look at it and offer some explainations free of charge.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What QR do you have?

Unless it's an internal cam one like Shimano, bin it and get a decent one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sam_anon
    cooldad wrote:
    What QR do you have?

Unless it's an internal cam one like Shimano, bin it and get a decent one.

Its an unbranded external cam.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I wouldn't necessarily say to bin anything that isn't isn't an internal cam like Shimano, it does point to a faulty QR. Just try another one.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I wouldn't necessarily say to bin anything that isn't isn't an internal cam like Shimano, it does point to a faulty QR. Just try another one.

Quite. I have internal and external cam QRs - Campag and Shimano. All are good.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • sam_anon
    Cheers all. Am walking past the Evans tomorrow so will pop in. Have some old Shimano QRs but think they'll be too short. 105s are less than £10 online.