Tyres and shoes

Barnwell58
Barnwell58 Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

After using a pretty rubbish second hand bike to complete a few triathlons last year I was nearly but off cycling for life....it was so uncomfortable and I was so much worse at it than swimming or running. Anyhow I have decided to it a second chance with the aim of having fun , in comfort; therefore spending more time in the sadle and hopefully getting a bit less rubbish.

I've settled on a bike (Triban 540 by Btwin) due to glowing reviews and reasonable cost. Another's of its selling points is that it has clearance for 32c tyres. I would like to be able to mix the cycling I do between roads and the extensive network of cycle tracks we have where I live in Durham. Would anyone be able to suggest the best size and type of tyre for these requirements? I have just read that the cycle club I would like to ride with on a Sunday insists on a rear mudgard in the winter so will need to have room for this.

In addition I would also like to use a two point cleat that will allow me to buy shoes I can walk in. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shoes that will allow me to do this while riding comfortably and quickly on a budget of £50ish or less?

Any help anyone can offer would be massively appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tom

Comments