Genesis Datum 20 - CenterLock rotor fouls

100%
100% Posts: 236
edited January 2019 in Workshop
Hi,

Having bought a second set of wheels for my Datum 20, it seems that a CenterLock disc rotor will not fit in the front fork (the rear is QR, the front 15mm bolt-through - the design showing its age).

The lock ring for the disc rotor fouls on the inside of the fork leg. A 6-bolt rotor is fine. I’m surprised at this - I’d have expected all rotor types would work fine! Obviously the bolt-thru axle fits correctly with these wheels.

Anyone else found the same? Can’t see how this could be a fitting issue with the rotor+lock ring as it’s so simple!

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Ask the question of Genesis?

Maybe via social media since that seems to be the best way of getting a quick response out of anyone these days.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    You're not alone apparently. Quick Google suggests you need a slim / low profile lock-ring. Your wheel supplier may send you one FOC

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topi ... atum-fork/
  • 100%
    Hi,

Thanks for the response - looks like my Googling was pretty slack. I've never come across such an issue before and the low profile lockring doesn't look like it was intended for this purpose but I guess it makes no odds whether it holds the rotor in place or a 6-bolt adapter carrying the rotor.

Surprised at the clearance issues though - and I doubt DT Swiss will send one our for free but might be worth an ask :)

Cheers,
    Steve
  • 100%
    To confirm, as I'd completely forgotten to update this, I received a response from Genesis a while ago. For anyone else looking the official answer is:
    We recommend you use the internal lock ring Y8PV98010 instead of the external HB20.

A bit of searching and that seems to be a Shimano SM-RT900 lockring and washer.

Cheers,
    Steve