Smart Turbo Trainer

tavyabe
tavyabe Posts: 283
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi

I have young children (1 and 3) so generally can't leave the house after work! I want to get some cycle training in so am considering buying my first turbo trainer. I really like the idea of Zwift (and the other similar alternatives) so have decided I would like a smart trainer (ANT+/bluetooth). I am poor (did I mention the kids already?) so am trying to find the cheapest turbo trainer that will work properly with Zwift (i.e. so that zwift can auto adjust resistance etc). Can anyone recommend a cheap one that will satisfy my requirements? Thanks.

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Second hand wheel on smart trainer. You can pick Tacx Bushido's up cheap, but they're awful. I'd steer clear having had one. Far too much slippage and slow to react.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Tacx flow from Halfords is £200 new
    Second Hand Tacx Vortex (better) is £150-200 ish
    Refurbished Wahoo Kickr (better still) is £300
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    The only thing I'd add to think about is noise. If you've got young kids do you need to train whilst they are sleeping? In which case a Kickr ain't quiet (unless we are talking the new one....)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Stac Zero.
  • Tacx Flow is great as a cheap option. I've just upgraded to a Direto as I'm getting more into my indoor training but I was very happy with the Flow. Check out ebay as I'll be putting it up for sale soon :)