Cannondale Supersix Evo 105 or Orbea Orca M30 ?

woo123
woo123 Posts: 10
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Looking to upgrade my 2012 CAAD10 for something a bit more punchy. I do love this bike but I think it’s now time to move this to my winter bike and get something new.

There are 2 bikes that are within my price range that I like the look of :Super6 Evo 105 & Orbea Orca M30(both 2018 models ).

I will be taking them out for a test ride, but if anyone has ridden any of these it would be great to get your views on these bikes.

Super6 is about £200 more

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I have an M30. Bikeradar hadn't reviewed it when I bought it (got a heavily discounted 2017 bike) but have now reviewed the M32 (same frame but Campagnolo) - https://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/orbea-orca-m32-review-51921/

Review is pretty spot on. Front end is a little harsh which they blame on the bars. Not as stiff as a Caad12 or TCR which I also tested. Wheels are pretty average but not sure how they compare to the stock wheels on the cannondale and I upgraded anyway as had budget left over due to the hefty discount. Frameset is probably heavier than the cannondale. Stack and reach are somewhere between an endurance (Giant defy) and race bike (TCR). Overall a great package, especially if you can get a decent discount at the end of the season (which is likely as Orbea isn't one of the most popular brands).

I had a warranty issue with frame as the bottle cage mounts on the downtube were offset and it turns out Orbea don't have a great reputation for sorting out issues if you search around online but was able to pressure through the shop and they got a new frame for me... And the 2018 version has internal routing that the 2017 version didnt.
  • woo123
    woo123 Posts: 10
    Thanks for your input,appreciated.