advice for specialized tarmac expert

seels
seels Posts: 9
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
hi,

after deciding that the aeroad i wanted isnt quite a good fit for me and that i saw that specialized released a couple of new tarmacs, something inside me decided that i really need a specialized!

i ride a 2012 specialized tarmac comp, shimano 105 and fulcrum racing 3 wheels. good bike, was a lot of fun but things start to wear and i really think i deserve a new bike. (my wife isnt quite sure of the last :D)

i saw the tarmac expert disc (here in belgium it costs 4500 euro, i think its almost the same in dollar)

now when i was looking for the aeroad i decided that i wanted di2 and dont wanted disc breaks. the tarmac comes with discs and without di2. in my eyes Di2 is luxury(?) never had a BIG problem with mech shifting and since im going from old 105 to new ultegra i guess things only get better.

the expert without discs?; i hate the red color! :lol:

BUT do i need disc breaks? i know they are the future but they add some weight also. a least i find they look cool ;)

selling my old tarmac and maybe saving some money for Di2 later. comes with 38mm rovals so dont need to upgrade to higher soon.

im a great specialized fan, most winning bike in the peleton also.... (the s works version, i know)
i tend to ride tours (100k +/-) and my training ride. want to race on tourist niveau sometime.

someone some advice for me? someone already tested the bike?

(ps; speak dutch normally so excuse me if my english isnt that good)

Comments

• Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Just stump up the extra cash and buy the pro. Di2, rim brake and looks cool. Only 5500 euros! There is also a Sagan version with 105 for 3000 which looks stunning too. Lovely bikes but the prices are silly. I wanted an expert in the green colour but didn't want discs and didn't want to spend £4000 either so ended up with a Giant TCR Advanced with full Ultegra instead for £1400. Only upgrade I need over the Tarmac is wheels. I rode them both and the TCR felt better to ride.