The long awaited and well over due 'Totally explicable crushes' thread.

pinnopinno Posts: 37,172
edited 11 June in The cake stop
I'll kick it off with:

Olivia Cooke.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda
"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

• mouthmouth Posts: 1,196
    I take your Olivia Cooke, and raise you Lacey Turner.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,217
    TTIUWP....
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crispybug2crispybug2 Posts: 2,997
    Mélissa Theriau
  • FatTedFatTed Posts: 1,214
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TTIUWP....

Completely agree
  • Rolf FRolf F Posts: 16,126
    Thanks Pinno. You've just created a text version of the Big Girls thread. Like Mark Cavendish, you are no longer quite what you once were..... :(
    Faster than a tent.......
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 21,986 Lives Here
    Rolf F wrote:
    Thanks Pinno. You've just created a text version of the Big Girls thread. Like Mark Cavendish, you are no longer quite what you once were..... :(
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • lostboysaintlostboysaint Posts: 4,369
    Rolf F wrote:

Chapeau sir.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
    He needed to be told.......
  • pinnopinno Posts: 37,172
    Rolf F wrote:

To be compared with Cav is a compliment.

It's only in the face of people not knowing a) anything about the Big girls thread or where it is and b) not understanding the meaning of inexplicable.

And for the benefit of those not struck by a deep compulsion to adhere to the current trend of being politically correct:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12544013&hilit=the+big+girls+thread#p14593767
    W - Wiggle Honda
    "This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,240
    Rolf F wrote:
    Hadn't that already been done with the inaccurately named "inexplicable" thread?
    SecretSam just needed to change the thread title.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Hadn't that already been done with the inaccurately named "inexplicable" thread?

Quite. Though with due regard for the future, historians trolling through that thread in 200 years time might be confused to find, given the changed title, pictures of Clare Balding.....

Pinno - stop trying to justify your mistake. It only makes it worse.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,240
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Quite. Though with due regard for the future, historians trolling through that thread in 200 years time might be confused to find, given the changed title, pictures of Clare Balding.....

I see no problem with some middle aged bloke having a crush on Clare Balding if that's there thing. It's no less likely to be requited than any of the other protestations in that thread.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
    pinno wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

To be compared with Cav is a compliment.

It's only in the face of people not knowing a) anything about the Big girls thread or where it is and b) not understanding the meaning of inexplicable.

And for the benefit of those not struck by a deep compulsion to adhere to the current trend of being politically correct:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12544013&hilit=the+big+girls+thread#p14593767
    Don't worry, the PC brigade read the thread but I'm sure they are only doing it for research purposes :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
    Rolf F wrote:
    Though with due regard for the future, historians trolling through that thread in 200 years time might be confused to find, given the changed title, pictures of Clare Balding.....
    I think even some people on here would struggle to troll a 200 year old thread.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Though with due regard for the future, historians trolling through that thread in 200 years time might be confused to find, given the changed title, pictures of Clare Balding.....
    I think even some people on here would struggle to troll a 200 year old thread.

In due course I am sure threads will be unknowingly resurrected in which every single previous contributor will be long dead!
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

It's only a mistake if it doesn't catch on.

Back OT:

Liv Tyler
    W - Wiggle Honda
    pinno wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Back OT:

Liv Tyler

That's like saying that the Daily Mail is a good newspaper because lots of people read it. Still, your reputation, not mine. If you want your name at the head of a 2000 page thread containing nothing but a list of girls names then I wish you well with that!
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,615
    pinno wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Back OT:

Liv Tyler

Not sure about Liv. Can't help thinking she looks like veey feminine version of her dad.

Scarlett Johansson.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,120
    Rolf F wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Back OT:

Liv Tyler

That's like saying that the Daily Mail is a good newspaper because lots of people read it. Still, your reputation, not mine. If you want your name at the head of a 2000 page thread containing nothing but a list of girls names then I wish you well with that!

Yup
    It ain't going to work without pics, just saying like. :mrgreen:
    The older I get, the better I was.

Call it "booty" if you like, to me it's still a fat @rse.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,271
    Benedict Cumberbatch.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    TDNFNATN. So utterly lovely and wonderful and kind and sweet and gentle and nice,
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • LucanLucan Posts: 336
    No photos mean that this thread is totaly pointless. Some of us do not have the computer/phone literacy to search google images without losing our place on the thread, nor the manual dexterity to use hold phone, beer and tissues at the same time.

Please think of those less fortunate.

Oh, and the mention of tissues refers to my hayfever, for which I have a note from my Mum.
    Summer: Kuota Kebel
    Winter: GT Series3
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,120
    Lucan wrote:

Oh, and the mention of tissues refers to my hayfever, for which I have a note from my Mum.

Picture or it didn't happen. :lol:
    The older I get, the better I was.

Call it "booty" if you like, to me it's still a fat @rse.
    Lucan wrote:
    Please think of those less fortunate.

It is quite easy.

>Right click on an image
    >Select: 'Copy image address' from the drop list
    >Paste image (ctrl v)
    >Highlight address in this box: Shift and cursor keys - look, down there on your right, to the left of the number pad.
    >Click on 'Img' from the box above. The link should appear between the hard brackets ABC

Like this: [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Bucephala-albeola010.jpg[/img You can always Google the people mentioned :D Nice burd that one ^. Ta da. No excuses now. What did yer mum say?[/img]
    W - Wiggle Honda
  • doomanicdoomanic Posts: 246
    Elia Monte-Brown from Shades of Blue;
    MV5BMTQzNzk1NTY1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzgzMjUxMTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Having just been forced to sit sit through Mamma Mia 2 by the wife, I'm going to add Lily James to my list of totally explicable crushes.

tumblr_p1buqlzGbV1vnbx6ao8_250.gif
  • Rachel Riley
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
    Another post without pictures. :roll:
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    that girl who is a neurologist on CBBC. She's wonderful..
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloonorraloon Posts: 5,271
    Did I mention Benedict Cumberbatch?