Budget waterproof jacket, and multi lensed sunnies.

jamlala
jamlala Posts: 284
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all. Riding a very wet Pru yesterday lead to me losing my sunnies (sorry for the littering, I dropped them on a hill and wasn't going to stop, they were only a few quid anyway) and I'd like a new pair for sub £30, any suggestions?

Also, my old faithful Altura waterproof has finally decided to become as waterproof as a teabag, I had my suspicions but yesterday clinched it. Any suggestions for a good, breathable, waterproof, yellow jacket? Approx £50 max.

Sorry for the limited budget but I'm not going to throw money away, I'm not loaded!
Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
__@    
_`\<,_   
---- (*)/ (*)

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    JamLala wrote:
    I dropped them on a hill and wasn't going to stop, they were only a few quid anyway)
    JamLala wrote:
    Sorry for the limited budget but I'm not going to throw money away, I'm not loaded!

Spot the irony...
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    Imposter wrote:
    JamLala wrote:
    I dropped them on a hill and wasn't going to stop, they were only a few quid anyway)
    JamLala wrote:

Spot the irony...

The ones I lost weren’t worth anything either. Thanks for your help!
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    JamLala wrote:
    Hi all. Riding a very wet Pru yesterday lead to me losing my sunnies (sorry for the littering, I dropped them on a hill and wasn't going to stop, they were only a few quid anyway) and I'd like a new pair for sub £30, any suggestions?

Also, my old faithful Altura waterproof has finally decided to become as waterproof as a teabag, I had my suspicions but yesterday clinched it. Any suggestions for a good, breathable, waterproof, yellow jacket? Approx £50 max.

Shame that you dropped them but at least they weren't oakleys or similar. I've just bought some btwin 900 series glasses from Decathlon. Come with 4 lenses and are solidly built. Lense changing very easy too. For £32 they are great value and performance is good too. Not a fashionable make but I guess you don't care about that.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Ditto re the waterproof. Look at btwin range. Not something you use often anyway. Picked mine up for £5 second hand and it works fine when I need it which isn't often.