Epic Cycles Icon Raptor wheels

PinarelloPrince
PinarelloPrince Posts: 124
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Has anyone any experience of these carbon wheels? Listed on eBay by Epic Cycles for £400 which seems pretty fair price.

Problem I have is they only come with Shimano freehub and I need Campag. Epic Cycles can only tell me they're Novatec hubs but not the exact type in order that I can get a Campag freehub myself.

So, are they any good? Which is the correct Novatec Campag freehub?

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Has anyone any experience of these carbon wheels? Listed on eBay by Epic Cycles for £400 which seems pretty fair price.

Problem I have is they only come with Shimano freehub and I need Campag. Epic Cycles can only tell me they're Novatec hubs but not the exact type in order that I can get a Campag freehub myself.

So, are they any good? Which is the correct Novatec Campag freehub?

If you're running 11 speed then just buy them and fit a Shimano cassette - with 11-speed the cassette spacings are cross-compatible.

Unless of course you're a die hard Campy man and could not bear to run any Shimano parts
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    or get a shimano splined campy spaced cassette from Miche or similar. Dirk has one as he is10 speed. Cost £30.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I am a die hard Campag man but that could be the solution. I'd forgotten that 11-speed is the same. Thanks.