Velo Hero

Sandhurst
Sandhurst Posts: 7
Hi All,

https://www.velohero.com/

I discovered this great training website recently and I thought I'd share. It's hard enough to find great software, but when it is produced by a one man band it seems all the more worthwhile to give the guy a shout out.

Basically Velo Hero is a FIT file or workout file analyser and I've found it useful. You can upload Polar HRM-, Garmin TCX-, FIT-, GPX-, TrainingPeaks PWX-, daum electronic CSV-, Schoberer Rad Messtechnik SRM-, SIGMA SLF-, SLM- and Falk Outdoor GPX-files.

There's a free option for those on a tight budget and for £22 a year the pro version. I like it as there is more than I can get in Strava and I don't like sharing data. The only downside for me (Zwift addict) is that it's not a seemless transfer of files from Zwift to the app. I've dropped the developer a line to see if this is possible.

It's worth a try and it's web based so nothing to download.

Enjoy :D

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Sandhurst wrote:
    Hi All,

I discovered this great training website recently and I thought I'd share.....

When you say you 'discovered' it - I'm guessing what you actually mean is that it's your site and you are pretending that you are not involved with it..?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Cool first post Bro...
  • Pelicans
    Pelicans Posts: 1
    Regardless of who the OP is - website looks good and features are impressive, but the downside (to me at least) is that it doesn't have the social aspect that Strava does and is one of the things I like most about it. I like being able to share my rides with friends and those with me. Getting higher up the KOM ladder vs. my mates on segments that we all ride is a big motivator!

For those paranoid about sharing data publicly, it looks like a good answer.
  • imposter2.0
    Another cool first post...
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Imposter wrote:
    Sandhurst wrote:
    Hi All,

I discovered this great training website recently and I thought I'd share.....

When you say you 'discovered' it - I'm guessing what you actually mean is that it's your site and you are pretending that you are not involved with it..?
    Imposter wrote:
    Another cool first post...

How is it that I'm thinking the same thing exactly :D
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Sandhurst
    There are some sad folk about. Look at when I joined the forum and look at the guys site. He's German and I'm deffo a Brit. Use your heads folks.

If you don't like what he has to offer then don't use the site, but suggesting I am in someway involved is petty, sad and incorrect. What difference does it make anyway? There has to be a first post by everyone or is it common practice on here to be such petty so and sos? Feck's sake grow up. If you are still suspicious then have a look at my IP address. It's definitely not in Germany.

Nuff said on the matter.
  • Sandhurst
    Pelicans wrote:
    Regardless of who the OP is - website looks good and features are impressive, but the downside (to me at least) is that it doesn't have the social aspect that Strava does and is one of the things I like most about it. I like being able to share my rides with friends and those with me. Getting higher up the KOM ladder vs. my mates on segments that we all ride is a big motivator!

For those paranoid about sharing data publicly, it looks like a good answer.

That was exactly my motivation for joining. I binned Strava last year after I grew tired of pointless segments and other things of no interest to me. I wasn't bothered about sharing data either and tended to keep my rides private. The only ones privvy to my training rides were the club mates with me or those who watched on Tuesday nights at Reading Track.
  • imposter2.0
    Sandhurst wrote:
    If you are still suspicious then have a look at my IP address. It's definitely not in Germany.

Your IP address is only visible to moderators, not the forum at large. New users 'discovering' a site (which they happen to own or work for) is a relatively frequent occurrence on here.