pj43
pj43 Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
Hoping to get some guidance on a choice between:

Cube Attain SL Disc (Aluminum bike with hydraulic disc brakes) 1399
Vs
Cube Attain GTC Pro (Carbon bike with rim brakes) 1599

Keen to get a comfortable endurance bike. Both are 105.

Will be used for cycling in all conditions - wet weather and so so roads

Is it always better stretching to carbon or in this case is the aluminum with hydraulic brakes the better purchase?

Thanks

Comments

• equinefunk
    equinefunk Posts: 323
    I got the GTC Pro Disc 2017 for just over a grand from Rutland a couple of months ago, I love the bike although not that experienced on Road Bikes. It is good to ride all day, the brakes are good but I've rarely had to use the full power of the Hydraulics and with it being so dry I've not ridden it in the wet yet.
    I would be surprised if you couldn't get another Carbon Framed Disc Brake bike for the same price in the Sales.
    I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.
  • If riding in wet weather, then discs are no brainer IMO. If patient, then prices should get better next 4-8 weeks as they clear out 2018, especially if you are small or large size. Wait too long though and could miss your size.
  • pj43
    equinefunk wrote:
    I got the GTC Pro Disc 2017 for just over a grand from Rutland a couple of months ago, I love the bike although not that experienced on Road Bikes. It is good to ride all day, the brakes are good but I've rarely had to use the full power of the Hydraulics and with it being so dry I've not ridden it in the wet yet.
    I would be surprised if you couldn't get another Carbon Framed Disc Brake bike for the same price in the Sales.

Thanks
  • pj43
    If riding in wet weather, then discs are no brainer IMO. If patient, then prices should get better next 4-8 weeks as they clear out 2018, especially if you are small or large size. Wait too long though and could miss your size.

Thanks - price I quoted above were in Euros
    Reckon I'm a size 58 - will try out for size