Allrounder disc and electronic shifting bike

DE6Mamil
DE6Mamil Posts: 9
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all - After riding my Focus Cayo Di2 10 speed for the last few years, I'm thinking of getting a new bike to replace the Cayo (and a Venge that I've recently sold).

I've decided that I'll definitely stay with electronic shifting and would like disc brakes, though I'm open to rim as well. If the weight penalty isn't too much, then I'd go disc.

So far, my basic research and visiting shops leads me to the Giant TCR SL 1 rim or disc (weighing circa 6.7kg and 7.2kg respectively) or the Tarmac Pro rim or disc (7.0kg and 7.2kg). All weights were done in diferent shops, with different scales and hand held, so not 100% accurate. These bikes range from circa £4k to just under £6k and I'd not be comfortable spending more!

What else should I be looking at to get a shortlist together to test ride please? I'd like to make a decent weight saving vs my current 8.2kg Cayo (pedals etc on).

I've looked at Emonda SLR (but feel no urge or desire to buy), BMC Teammachine (lovely, but signifantly more expensive than TCR/Tarmac for what appears to be a similar bike), Addict RC (but been told the TCR SL is a superior frame - would still like to look myslef), I'd like to look at the new Focus range, but can't find them anywhere in the flesh, not keen on Cannondale on looks alone.

I live in Derbyshire, so quite varied terrain with it being flatish to the east, rolling to the south and west and hilly to the north as you get in to the peak district.

Thanks for any help.