Bib shorts

bluey1883
bluey1883 Posts: 13
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Time for a new pair but such a bewlidring choice, looking at two pairs DHB Aeron speed and Castelli's Volo, any views. Currently spend a couple of hours in the Saddle at a time during the week but will do up to 5 at the weekend.

Thanks

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've used dhb aeron bibs (not speed) for century rides and they've been great. Last well too. I'd not bother spending more.
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    Santic £15 from AliExpress did me proud on a 300km this weekend (mine arent bibs though)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lusso at £30 odd from Merlin: long in leg, really comfy, last for years, very black.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    I've found there's not a lot of difference between Kiss pad in the Castelli and the one in dhb in as many miles before things get uncomfortable. Material is similar too although dhb seems to have changed lycra and it's not an improvement on previous. The better pad Progetto X2 is in the Aero or Endurance which is a definite step up but then so is price. Depends if you suffer from aches or not. Some can survive on something very thin while myself need cushioning of something more substantial
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    It's a personal preference really to what fits you best and is most comfortable.

For me being 2m tall and 100KG I find Castelli and Gore are best for me. In the summer when I am fittest Castelli work best for me. The Gore is better in the winter when I have gained my hibernation weight :(
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,501
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Lusso at £30 odd from Merlin: long in leg, really comfy, last for years, very black.

Plus one on the Lussos - IMHO best VFM bibs out there.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Annoyingly, the Lusso race guys, like their kit are pretty good.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Anyone used the Decathlon/Btwin 500 or 900 shorts? Seem like a good price.
  • bluey1883
    Have a pair of the 900’s great to start with but found the pad seems to have lost some of its density, so more than a coupe of hours is uncomfortable; of course it might just be my large rear end.
  • bluey1883
    Anybody used the Castelli Endurance x2 ? All the reviews I can find say it a really good short and pad.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Bluey1883 wrote:
    Anybody used the Castelli Endurance x2 ? All the reviews I can find say it a really good short and pad.

They have the same pad as my bib tights which are unbelievably comfortable for me, I'll be getting the endurance x2s once I get the money back for my warrantied mavics

Edit, the Mavics are very comfortable but the stitching has come out after 6 rides