3T Exploro. Mad or bad?

badgermat
badgermat Posts: 10
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Having spent the last 12 years tooling around on a light (<8kg) carbon bike with Dura-Ace, it's time for something a bit more modern.

I have an option for a 3T Exploro which is currently exercising my bike lust gland quite thoroughly.

It'll be set up with SRAM Force 1x and 700c wheels with 35mm tyres, making it relatively road oriented, but am I missing some killer reason why it would be a bad idea?

Thanks (and apologies for the rubbish first post)

bm

Comments

• philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    depends if you find it usable with a 1x setup . I'm a fan of having 2 derraileurs and a bike that doesn't look like its been made in a jelly mould.

one mans opinion of course.
  • badgermat
    badgermat Posts: 10
    philbar72 wrote:
    depends if you find it usable with a 1x setup . I'm a fan of having 2 derraileurs and a bike that doesn't look like its been made in a jelly mould.

one mans opinion of course.

Haha ... I can live with the jelly-mould look. Actually I think the 3T looks a bit nice. I'm more exercised by the fear that it won't work all that well. Partly due to the 1x chainset (44 11/42) and partly to the (imagined) weight difference.

That said, the ratios don't seem strange compared to my current (53/39 - 12/25) setup. And maybe I shouldn't be stressing about 1kg :-S

bm
  • Just buy a standard race bike
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles