Remove freebody (black inc)

karstenk
karstenk Posts: 9
edited July 2018 in Workshop
Hello.
I want to regrease the bearings on a Black inc rear wheel. I've done the non-drive-side, but I'm not sure how to progress on the drive-side.

Maybe I should tap the axle, I just don't like tapping without knowing I won't break anything.

Maybe I should remove the rubbercover with the two holes, they seem to there for removal. I've tried, but it didn't loose, so I stopped in fear of ripping it apart.

Can you tell me what to do next?

PyIgvvS.jpg
3HvJEEE.jpg

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It looks like the kind of hub you take apart by sticking a hex key / bit in each end of the axle and unscrewing. Sometimes the same size, sometimes a different size for drive and non-drive sides. Once the axle's out the freehub just pulls off.

The black bit with the 2 holes isn't screaming remove me
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    The 2 holes look more like inject grease here and when it comes out of the second one, its full.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Mine were similar sometimes stiff to remove, I used the end cap winding out against a fitted cassette lock ring to ease it off.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.