Recent Wiggle dhb Sizing?

photonic69
photonic69 Posts: 2,416
edited July 2018 in Road general
Anyone found that the sizing Wiggle give for their dhb range seems to have flown out of the window?

I've bought a lot of stuff in their dhb range over the last few years and the sizes have been pretty spot on. I'm a very average 6" tall, 75kgs guy with skinny legs and always found that Medium fit me best.

Recent purchases of bib shorts and top in Medium have been sent back. I could barely get the shorts over my puny thighs! and the top though it fit would be a struggle to remove in a small cubicle after a sweaty commute (cue comedy moment here).

So sent back and bought a pair of Aeron bib shorts in Large. These are too small as well! Very tight around my thighs (50cm isn't big) so these too have been returned.

Wrote to Wiggle and they replied that "dhb sizes have recently changed over the years in which the clothing is a tighter, more snug fit. Because of this we advise going up a size or 2 to find a comfortable fit."

So in reality their size charts are a load of testicles and not worth looking at. Totally pointless like other Italian branded cycling clothing.

Grrrrrr.

Rant over! (thanks for listening)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Not bought any dhb this summer - but has always been good. Crazy that they would change things now. I've been medium in the past and I'm heavier than you.

It's going to hurt to have to buy XL or even XXL !
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    Why did they not stick with the original sizes, and then bring in some XS\XXS etc at the smaller end of the scale.
    Bizarre, especially as they will be footing the bill for all the returns!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    thats annoying then,ok I havent bought anything from them for a while, trying to drop my platinum discount, but it looks like theyve switched supplier I guess and the new one is sizing to some standard smaller set of metric sizing they have, because if you switch the sizing chart to imperial sizes its now a mess of quarter,half,three quarter inch measurements, which it never used to be that complicated

I mean who measures themselves as a 37 and 1/4inch to 38 and 1/2 inch chest ? which is allegedly their womens size 16, theres no way thats a size 16 in the UK & that wont fit me anymore and thats the biggest size they do.

doubly annoying because they were one of the few cycling brands for women that were true to size