Clicking crunching sounds when accelerating

Ch3st3r
Ch3st3r Posts: 2
edited July 2018 in Workshop
Hi,

Can anyone offer any advice, I have an S-works Venge with Di2 Ultegra setup thats run smoothly for a couple of years. I've started to get a kind of clicking type noise when accelerating hard from the rear mech area (I think) It seems worse in gears 1-5. I have switched out the cassette so its not worn teeth. Does anyone have any ideas that may be causing this? Chain tool doesn't fully drop in the gaps to show complete wear but wondering if this sounds likely!??

Many thanks for your advice!

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    could be loads of things,

After a couple of years, it might be your BB needs to be replaced.
    Might be wear in the rear hub or freehub body (pressure related click/creak not repeated accross the range)
    you might have banged the rear mech slightly and the hanger is slightly off or the mech needs a tweak
    The cassette might need tightening or replacing

its amazing how any muber of creaks and clicks are dealt with with a strip down, through clean and re grease/build.

skewers, pedals,

but possibly a bit of grit or crap in a bearing somewhere.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Worn freehub pawls?
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Scoob84
    Scoob84 Posts: 76
    When i get this (out of saddle efforts or pushing a bit harder), its usually the chain rubbing against the front derailleur, and after adjusting it, it goes away. A few slight twists of the barrel adjuster sorts this out, but this is obviously on my mechanical setup. Even though you say your on Di2, might be worth checking setup that there's no rub here.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Swap the wheels out to rule them out ?