Pro Lite Bolzano bearings

daddy0
daddy0 Posts: 686
edited July 2018 in Workshop
I have an old set of 50mm ProLite Gavia Bolzano V2 wheels. The bearings on the non drive side of the rear wheel have gone, having trouble sourcing replacements. Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Daddy0 wrote:
    I have an old set of 50mm ProLite Gavia Bolzano V2 wheels. The bearings on the non drive side of the rear wheel have gone, having trouble sourcing replacements. Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks!

There are 4 bearings in the rear hub, Ive attached a link to the manual which shows how to strip replace the bearings.

the manual lists the bearing sizes or you you can measure them yourself and buy what ever you need from here

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/

the user maintenance manual is here https://issuu.com/prolite/docs/pl_wheel ... ide_201003

Any problems finding a bearing factor that can supply you (and you shouldnt have difficulty) send me a message.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Also, quite interestingly, the hubs require a mix of metric and imperial size hex keys!
  • daddy0
    Thanks for the help VG. I did already find that manual, however I can't see where it shows what bearings the Bolzano/Gavia hubs use. The diagrams at the end of the manual seem to show all the hubs apart from that one, maybe a page is missing? The diagrams that are there do not represent the hub I have. I will check it again this evening. I don't think it did have 4 set of bearings. There were two sealed bearings inside the freehub and one set of what looked like loose bearings on the non drive side - but these had failed and were all mashed up, so I can't say for sure what they're meant to be.

Thanks again for the help :-)
  • Vino'sGhost
    Daddy0 wrote:
    Thanks for the help VG. I did already find that manual, however I can't see where it shows what bearings the Bolzano/Gavia hubs use. The diagrams at the end of the manual seem to show all the hubs apart from that one, maybe a page is missing? The diagrams that are there do not represent the hub I have. I will check it again this evening. I don't think it did have 4 set of bearings. There were two sealed bearings inside the freehub and one set of what looked like loose bearings on the non drive side - but these had failed and were all mashed up, so I can't say for sure what they're meant to be.

Thanks again for the help :-)

are they not needle bearings that have given up the ghost? if you post a pic ill have a look
  • daddy0
    Thanks again for the help. Sorry for the delay...

Here are the bearings, as you can see the washer/ring things have failed. Lego character for scale.
    Y_Zk5jlPnSXG-VQM6D1s9ZiMo2h5kG_AIOXdjbfyVtBQwdfLMqzl2ait82QB3KTCg2_IWOzNJsWzRMqvPy8=w1680-h944-rw