Boardman frame swap

GC70
GC70 Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in MTB buying advice
Looking to swap out my Boardman team 29er HT frame, I like the geometry but it creaks and shreds brackets, second hand so Boardman won't play ball or offer any advice, cheers. Any ideas on a good frame to put all these bits on would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    You've investigated the creak, usually is BB or seatpost, rarer it can be frame itself.

Also BB shredding, what exactly does that mean? What BB type is fitted, bb30, external?

Re frame, have you considered the cheap and cheerful Chinese carbon frames, new for about £200
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Presumably one of the FSA press fit POS, better is available or you can fit an adaptor and change the bottom bracket and crank to something more reliable. Be a lot cheaper than changing what is otherwise a decent frame.

How about this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fsa- ... prod129935
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • GC70
    Yes the seatpost creaks, both my lbs + Halfords have tried to fix this, no joy. The BB was a megaexo 7100 swapped for a Shimano BB 52 three weeks ago, has been back in to be tightened and they thought they'd found a crack ( BB housing left side about 1 o'clock). On closer inspection it's a casting fault but Boardman aren't interested so new frame time.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seatpost into frame, saddle onto seatpost or saddle? If is seatpost in frame, use gripper paste.

Just insert an adaptor as linked above, bearing lock it in, sorted!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • GC70
    Thanks for the advice, should keep my local bs happy.