Route from City to Hillingdon

tgotb
tgotb Posts: 4,714
edited July 2018 in Commuting chat
Apologies all - I'm sure it's been asked multiple times on this forum, but my ability to use the search function isn't up to the job.

What's the best route from the City (St Paul's) to Hillingdon Cycle Circuit? Ideally one that's straightforward to navigate; I don't mind stopping to look at a map on my phone from time to time, but don't want to be doing it every 2 mins. Will be travelling (as you might guess) during evening rush hour.

Thanks!
Pannier, 120rpm.

Comments

• vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Embankment > Trafalgar > Hyde Park > Kensington High St > Shepherd's Bush (Uxbridge Rd), etc. Once you get on Uxbridge Rd, just cycle straight.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28090524
  • tgotb
    Fantastic, many thanks!
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    I take that route from Shepherd's Bush to Hillingdon. It's straight and easy to follow but also annoying. Many, many traffic lights and passes through several high streets with broken glass strewn across the cycle lanes.
  • tgotb
    Great route, many thanks. Met the requirements perfectly of being quick and easy to navigate.

Who knew there that many kebab shops in London?!? There must be one every 50 yards or so, all the way from Shepherds Bush to Southall. Proper ones in Southall, obviously, and a couple of other places, but the gaps have been well filled with the dodgier variety.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Given the general population in that area, it is rather not surprising.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Given the general population in that area, it is rather not surprising.

it's a odd area in many ways, huge disparity in wealth etc.

It's a fairly calm rout in/out I have in the past gone from work, which is a stones throw from Hillingdon Circuit, into town, last time was to find that Tank.