Cannondale CAAD12 105 2018 - Release date

arthur_d
arthur_d Posts: 2
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

This is my first message on this forum as I am planning on buying my first road bike, a CAAD12 105 from Cannondale.

I spoke with someone in a bike shop in London. He told me that it could be a good thing to wait for the new models to be released (probably early August 2018 according to him). Does anyone have some info about this? Do you think it is wise to wait a bit?

Thank you in advance for your help. I actually can't wait to buy my new bike so it makes the waiting difficult :) I am to buy the bike and see that Cannondale releases a much better frame/style in one month.

Arthur

Comments

• dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    The reason to wait would be to get discounts on 2017 bikes. But if you wanted something now plenty of places have deals on 2016, 2015 bikes etc.

Have a look at Pauls Cycles, they stock Cannondale and are well know for having big reductions.

Another option is ebay/ gumtree etc. Plenty of bikes get bought and never ridden, if you keep an eye out you'll soon find a bargain.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just buy it now and then if they release something amazingly different in a month (which i believe they won't) buy that as well.

methinks blokey in shop wants you to go back in a month and buy full rrp bike from him.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Buy it now. I severely doubt that the new model of CAAD 12 will be any different from the current one in terms of the frame, maybe a snazzy new paint job or something...

The only difference may be that it comes with the new 105 groupset but the main changes seem to be for disc brakes so if you're after the rim brake model just go for it now!