2004 orange fork size help pls

Millsygman
Millsygman Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hello, I’m new to the site so go easy with me. I’m not new to mtb been riding since 92, however I’m a bit rubbish with keeping up with the times...
I’ve a 2004 orange with manitou Nixon’s, that I’m reliably told, cannot be repaired or serviced. It’s a 26 incher frame, 11/8 straight steerer, 145mm travel with a 20mm axle.
Does anyone know where I can get a set of forks to this fitment?
Or am I looking at new 15mm hub, and re-lacing the front wheel so i can buy new forks, and if so which ones pls?
Any help or advice gratefully received!
G

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Are they saying they are beyond repair or that they can’t get the parts?

What is actually wrong with them?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Are they saying they are beyond repair or that they can’t get the parts?

What is actually wrong with them?

Have a look at the link above - the seals have blown. Initially they went in for repair locally to have the lockout cable sorted then they blew. I've since been in touch with TF Tuned and Rebound Preston and they can't get spares. Manitou themselves also confirmed this.
    :(
  • The Rookie
    Can’t be bought from Manitou, but all stock sizes and can be sourced with a little effort.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ok thanks. I must be looking in the wrong places, seriously all the bike shops I know a raising eyebrows. Also thing is, even if I new what was wrong with the forks, I wouldn’t have a scooby on what to start looking for in the way of parts.
  • The Rookie
    Dust seals are generic, almost everything else is an o-ring, measure, search by size, buy!
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I have taken coaching from here.
    http://sportcoaching.co.nz/cycling-coaching/
    You should also take a look.. You can make sure you are under supervision and dont get hurt

Get in the sea.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8