Anyone using Stans Avion Pro Disc wheels?

Streetdoctor
Streetdoctor Posts: 10
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Not much info out there about them. They look pretty similar to the Roval CLX50's other than ceramic hub bearings. I was originally set on the Rovals but I found out I can get the Avions for $1300. The only thing that's a little more concerning is the internal width is like 21.6mm and I want to run 25/26mm tires. Looks like they're designed for 25-40mm wheels I'm just weary because they're at an extreme end of the spectrum. Anyone ridden them?

Comments

• Not much info out there about them. They look pretty similar to the Roval CLX50's other than ceramic hub bearings. I was originally set on the Rovals but I found out I can get the Avions for $1300. The only thing that's a little more concerning is the internal width is like 21.6mm and I want to run 25/26mm tires. Looks like they're designed for 25-40mm wheels I'm just weary because they're at an extreme end of the spectrum. Anyone ridden them?

Well for anyone else interested I mounted them up tubeless last night. Minimal effort. 28mm tires measure just a hair over 30mm. Won't get to ride them for a couple weeks still since I'm recovering from foot surgery. Probably swapping to Schwalbe Pro One's in 25mm then.