Rapha bib short sizing

scooterb
scooterb Posts: 89
edited July 2018 in Road general
Hi all ,
I’d like to purchase a set of the Rapha pro team II long bib shorts and would like to make sure they are the right size .
I’m 6ft
32” waist
34” inside leg
81 kg

I’m thinking I should be ok with Xl , I’m definitely not large as I’ve tried on a friends which were a bit small .
Can anyone advise please .
Thanks scott.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    If you're definitely not large then XL must be right. At your size in Classic ones you'd definitely fit large and the Pro Team ones are supposed to come up smaller so everything makes sense (definitely seeing as you've tried the large on).

I'd say your logic is right and buy them, if they then don't fit it will be that no size fits you well.
  • scooterb
    Ok cool,
    Thanks for getting back, I’ll go for the Xl then
    Regards , scott
  • Just do what my wife does when she's buy Anything. Orders it in 3 different sizes and sends back the ones that dont fit.

Most places now offer free returns. Not sure about rapha though
  • Most places now offer free returns. Not sure about rapha though

Yes they do free returns.

OP, one thing with the Pro Team II, they have a rubber gripper leg opening rather than the elasticated gripper of the previous version. I noticed the lycra stretched around this area on the new version on my pair after a few washes. If they are quite a snug fit around your leg you should be fine but just something to look out for.
  • scooterb
    Ok thanks ,
    I know what mean as my Specialized shorts have gone a bit like that .
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    I'm pretty much the same measurements as you, maybe a bit taller at 6'1" and waist 33" but I find large in Rapha a perfect fit for me, I have Core, Lightweight and Pro Team, all large.

As long as you don't use them you can try them on and send them back no issues.

If you want a bit more re-assurance I think the Classic range come with a 30 day no quibble try and return if you don't like them guarantee.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I'm 6f1, 32 inch waist and a 34 inch inseam. I'm a large in Rapha pro-team and also get the long pro bibs. Fits perfectly.