Tubeless tyres

davey.davey
davey.davey Posts: 89
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Im looking at getting some tubeless tyres for my new carbon wheels.

I really the the Vittoria g+ tan wall 25c tyres but they seem to be out of stock everywhere , does anyone know if theyve been discontinued ?

Any similar alternatives ?

Cheers

Comments

• Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Im looking at getting some tubeless tyres for my new carbon wheels.

I really the the Vittoria g+ tan wall 25c tyres but they seem to be out of stock everywhere , does anyone know if theyve been discontinued ?

Any similar alternatives ?

Cheers

I'd certainly recommend the IRC tubeless tyres from Malcolm at the Cycle Clinic. I went for Road lites in 25mm and they blow up more like 28's on my wide alu rims. Been a revelation to ride so far. Not cheap but the best never is.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    If only there was a massive 87-page pinned thread on this....
  • Camcycle1974
    Imposter wrote:

Is there? Where? :lol:
  • Imposter wrote:

Yeah, because i really want to read through 87 pages for an answer that might not be there.... its a specific question , not a general wandering about tubeless tyres.

Thanks to the others for helpful replies, ill check them out
  • [/quote]

I'd certainly recommend the IRC tubeless tyres from Malcolm at the Cycle Clinic. I went for Road lites in 25mm and they blow up more like 28's on my wide alu rims. Been a revelation to ride so far. Not cheap but the best never is.[/quote]

Thanks man , ive had a look but they dont do them in a tan wall by the looks of it unfortunately
  • Camcycle1974

I'd certainly recommend the IRC tubeless tyres from Malcolm at the Cycle Clinic. I went for Road lites in 25mm and they blow up more like 28's on my wide alu rims. Been a revelation to ride so far. Not cheap but the best never is.[/quote]

Thanks man , ive had a look but they dont do them in a tan wall by the looks of it unfortunately[/quote]

No, they don't but I don't see why that's an issue? Surely the performance is more important?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Imposter wrote:

Yeah, because i really want to read through 87 pages for an answer that might not be there.... its a specific question , not a general wandering about tubeless tyres.

Thanks to the others for helpful replies, ill check them out

The last few pages will be the most relevant/up-to-date. I don't understand why you would refuse to read up on a topic which you are obviously interested in...
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    No, they don't but I don't see why that's an issue? Surely the performance is more important?

Plus the tan side wall looks good for about 2 rides before its filthy and looks worse than if you'd just bought all black :lol: