Wanting to start cycling to work again

BigGeeNotts
BigGeeNotts Posts: 2
edited July 2018 in Commuting general
Hi all

I'm thinking of getting back into cycling to work again as a way to lose weight as I'm a bit of a big bloke. I currently weigh about 28-29 stone and the last 2 times I did a 10 mile each way ride to work I lost 4 stone in 3 months.

I've now moved house, and it will be now 13 miles each way, but on my early finishes I will add on 10 miles on the way home for extra workouts. I'll be riding on a mixture of roads, towpaths and gravel tracks

The last 2 bikes that I had when I did this was a Giant Escape M1 and the Specialized Crosstrail Sport. They were both recommended to me by bike shops but did get through a lot of rear tubes for obvious reasons :? .

I'd be getting my bike on Cycle scheme as work is signed up for that one

Any suggestions for a bike would be appreciated

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look at the Hoy Shizuoka, they are a fairly sturdy build, but decent quality, Hoy has a sole agreement with Evans and they can be considered an in house brand, made by Merida the second largest bike manufacturer in the world.
    https://www.evanscycles.com/hoy-shizuok ... e-EV246155
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.