Problems with new Kask Mojito?

Thigh_burn
Thigh_burn Posts: 489
edited July 2018 in Road general
I recently replaced my old Mojito with a new one following a crash.
The old one was great and I never had an issue. Both are the same size.

I understand they've been redesigned a bit and have had some problems with the new one, I wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar.
- My main issue is that the dial at the rear is rubbing and digging into my head. It's caused a bit of a sore spot. I'm not quite sure how to fix this, other than covering it with tape or a plaster - but that will mean it's harder to turn.
- Also, the ear straps are pretty tight, with the clasps below the ear rubbing my ear.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Comments

• cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    I got one in April (not had one before), I love it but the ear 'holes' do seem to be made for someone with either tiny or high up ears!
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    My old mojito lets you alter the "ear holes" ?
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    Fenix wrote:
    From what I can see on the Kask website it looks like you can with the latest version as well.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Thigh_burn
    Dabber wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    From what I can see on the Kask website it looks like you can with the latest version as well.

I'm probably being thick, but I can't see it on the website - where did you see that?
  • dabber
    Thigh_burn wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    Fenix wrote:

I'm probably being thick, but I can't see it on the website - where did you see that?

I'm presuming you're meaning the strap adjusters?

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Thigh_burn
    Dabber wrote:
    Thigh_burn wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    Fenix wrote:

Yes I am. I know they've got adjusters on the ear, but unclipping them doesn't achieve a whole lot - unless I'm doing it all wrong.
  • dabber
    Thigh_burn wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    Thigh_burn wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    Fenix wrote:

Yes I am. I know they've got adjusters on the ear, but unclipping them doesn't achieve a whole lot - unless I'm doing it all wrong.

Don't know then. Don't what they've changed that would make the setup different. The strap adjusters are cosmetically different to mine (earler version I guess) but I would think the function is just the same.
    With mine it was just a little bit of trial and error to get them how I wanted but if you're having a problem perhaps the overall fit has changed. Sorry I can't help.