So I fell off!

Beezerk
Beezerk Posts: 18
edited July 2018 in MTB beginners
I went out in my local woods this evening to go down some tracks, I don't know the routes very well and I took a bit of a wrong turn and ended up down what I imagine was quite a technical route.
Being a proper noob I was going very slowly, there were loads what I can only call inverted humps, like small but deep ditches to go over if you get what I mean. I came a cropper halfway down, proper over the handlebars stuff lol, shins are a bit scratched and my ankle hurts but I managed to get through it and carry on my ride.
My front wheel seemed to stall as I was just about at the top of the ditch but I'm not quite sure how it happened.
Anyway, my question is, are there any Youtube vids or the likes you could recommend which can show me basic mountain biking techniques so I don't hurt myself in a bad way :lol:

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Sorry to hear you fell off!

Google "MBUK Skills for Thrills" or "how to ride a rythym section" ;)

As above, courses can be a great way to improve your skills, gain confidence and meet other riders.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Beezerk
    Thanks for that, I'll get Googling.
    Cannock may be a touch far for me to travel for a lesson as I live in the North East.
  • Beezerk wrote:
    Thanks for that, I'll get Googling. Cannock may be a touch far for me to travel for a lesson as I live in the North East.
    I'm based on the coast, but if you can get over there, head to over to Hamsterley Forest in Co. Durham.
    Good fun. This lot operate out of there - haven't used them so can't vouch for them: http://endeavourcoaching.co.uk/
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Beezerk
    Beezerk wrote:
    Thanks for that, I'll get Googling. Cannock may be a touch far for me to travel for a lesson as I live in the North East.
    I'm based on the coast, but if you can get over there, head to over to Hamsterley Forest in Co. Durham.
    Good fun. This lot operate out of there - haven't used them so can't vouch for them: http://endeavourcoaching.co.uk/

Superb, thanks mate, Hamsterley isn't a million miles from me. I actually live right next to Chopwell Woods, although there's loads of mtb tracks and trails not a lot of organised stuff seems to go on there.