Advice please on Trek Alpha build

flarris
flarris Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Workshop
Hi, I have made only one other post on the forums so far and this is concerning a Trek Alpha frame that I have just acquired.
I wanted a reasonable road bike within a modest budget but frequently found that used bikes with a larger frame that suited my needs (I prefer Trek, generally) were harder to find. Then a 60cm Alpha frame that was simply too good a deal to pass up on came up for sale - I have bought this and want to try to build a light, fast bike and I am quite happy with used parts. Important here to mention I am a total novice and this post is really to see what component parts anyone can recommend, and if ideally anybody has, surplus to requirements, what I need for the build?
I will add a photo of the frame shortly but what I can add so far is that it has the front and rear (Tiagra) derailleur and crank in place but otherwise that's it, basic frameset I guess.
Any advice very welcome please, particularly on sourcing suitable components.

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    I've ridden, rebuilt, ridden and rebuilt mine several times.
    Is yours a carbon or aluminium frame?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    What kind of budget are you working to? Do you want to match the components you have on the bike already?

The Classifieds on here are a great source of reasonably priced, generally well looked after / virtually brand new parts.

I have some Tiagra 4500 brake calipers and chainset in my spares drawer, and some handlebars, a couple of saddles and a seatpost I no longer need. Oh, and thinking about it, some M520 and M540 SPD pedals that are now surplus to requirements. Maybe I'll get myself organised put up a post in the Classifieds...