Replacement Carbon Fork

flopstocks
flopstocks Posts: 110
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
After recently binning my Viner Maxima RS4 and breaking the front fork at Wales Veloathon I am now in need of some new forks.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1689465760

Unfortunately Planet X don't stock the Maxima fork, so just wondering what will fit and are there any recommendations?

Luckily the frame is black so a standard black fork would not look out of place

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Any other fork with the same headset/steerer format will fit..
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,306
    Whats your budget? Plenty out there. Cheap > expensive.
  • flopstocks
    amrushton wrote:
    Whats your budget? Plenty out there. Cheap > expensive.

Around £150 I guess, I have seen a Planet X Selcof one for £144 weighing in at 320g. Thought that seemed pretty good?
  • Email them first to see if they can offer a replacement. You never know they may have a spare knocking about. If not they should be able to give you the correct specs you need for a replacement.
  • flopstocks
    Email them first to see if they can offer a replacement. You never know they may have a spare knocking about. If not they should be able to give you the correct specs you need for a replacement.

Unfortunately they don't appear to stock the fork, however they take an age to respond to emails so I will see.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Imposter wrote:
    Any other fork with the same headset/steerer format will fit..
    That might have been the case 5 or 10 years ago but these days there's some variation in fork length (crown => dropouts), so if you get one of a different length it could radically affect the stack and HT angle. But if it's exactly the same length and same offset it will fit.