First ride - Swinley

1se7en
1se7en Posts: 19
edited July 2018 in MTB beginners
So wasnt sure where to post this really,

I had my first real ride on my Bizango yesterday at Swinley forest. Before it was just riding around my park and along the canal near my house to remember the feeling of being on two wheels. 8)

I mean what a blast I had, that feeling of being with Nature and feeling the wind on your face, the freedom when its just you, your surroundings and your bike beneath you. Honestly that's the kinds of things that make me happy in life. The only downside was I couldn't have picked a worse time of day to go, it was sweltering there. Like seriously stupidly hot but all the same that could not dampen my spirits. It did dampen my energy though and well thats already lacklustre :lol::lol:

I realised after doing the blue trail just how much my fitness needs to improve, struggled on some of the climbs, managed to push through and get through them all but it was not quite a breeze through them. At one point this old dude came flying past me and left me for dead and I was like no way thats crazy. then a girl came blitzing past and disappeared like I was standing still haha. clearly they been doing it a good amount of time but nonetheless it was awesome fun, cant wait to get fitter so I can nail those climbs without feeling nearly dead.

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Don't bother about what you can't yet do - enjoying it is good.

Bizango is a good choice of bike too !
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Yeah keep going. Swinley is a good place to ride and learn. You'll soon be going the red routes. Enjoy! :)
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • Uber_Pod
    Uber_Pod Posts: 110
    That's a great post.
    It's so easy to forget these days that riding through a forest* is fun, enjoyable and generally an amazing thing to do.

* other terrain is available