New to mountain biking, thoughts on the bike ect

anon344
anon344 Posts: 7
edited July 2018 in MTB beginners
newbie,

Advice on how to put a thread less headset/stem into a bike that has a fixed/threaded stem?

What do I need?
How do I do it?

Thanks!!

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Welcome to Bike Radar. :)

Just ride your bike and enjoy it. If you have any problems, they will suggest upgrades or at least a few alterations. Many early problems can be fixed with cheap and simple stuff like altering your tyre pressures.
  • anon344
    Thank you! Glad to be here.

I’m looking forward to an mtb future
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    That is what's known as a BSO. Don't waste money on upgrades, just ride it until it either wears out or falls apart whilst saving your money for a decent mountain bike.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As above, this is very entry level, just ride it until it fails, if you must put bits on it, make sure they can be removed to put on something better (such as pedals or grips).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • RichardSmart
    RichardSmart Posts: 387
    All I'd recommend is a pair of clipless/SPD pedals, but just make sure you're confident unclipping before you go off-road...
  • anon344
    Thank you! Whatever upgrades I do make it’ll be ones so I’m able to transfer parts!