Bontrager Ballista mips helmet ventilation

janwal
janwal Posts: 489
edited July 2018 in Road buying advice
Thinking of getting either a Velocis mips or a ballista mips helmet. I know the Velocis is ok but Are there any Ballista users that can comment of the ventilation or lack of for this helmet. It will be an everyday helmet for me.

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    Looking at them I would say the Velocis has more ventilation. The Ballista looks more tt orientated
  • MiddleRinger
    MiddleRinger Posts: 678
    I have a non-MIPS Ballista and while it is a very comfortable helmet (on my head) it does get pretty hot when you're winding your way up a long climb on a summers day. The MIPS one has an extra layer of plastic inside so would probably be a bit hotter. It's great when at speed though.
  • doolie
    doolie Posts: 42
    I have the mips version of the ballista. It is a very comfortable lid, which I bought mainly for TTs.

Wouldn’t use it for normal rides on a really hot day. Warm and cooler days, yes.

Lovely helmet though.
    PlanetX RT-57
    Orbea Orca
    Felt DA
    GT Grade
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Wore my mips Ballista on Sunday, was approx. 28 degree's, 80 mile ride. Was fine. Didn't feel any hotter than my non-aero helmets. I did take it off for an ice cream stop and the padding was damp when putting it back on, but then all my lids do that as well.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Agree with Woodster on all experiences I have had with mine.